Model Rail Announcement

Chris Gad

• RMweb Premium

They've already announced that.

These are two new models out of nine that if I remember correctly have never been released before. Some aren't even currently available as kits. All small and cute apart from one, which is big and cute.

Jason

I believe he may have been referring to the GER livery that Model Rail have not announced.

Model Rail aren't alone in doing this, but does anyone else find announcements about anouncements very irritating? Why not just tell us what you've got to say when you've got something to say?

It's chance to whip up a bit of interest in advance and to spread the 'announcement' over a longer period in order to generate interest. Otherwise, with so many instant announcements available to people these days, it could easily pass and a potential customer or two might miss it. At its most basic, it's simply a bit of fun, and certainly not something we'd want anyone to get very irritated about. (CJL)

• Like 4

It's chance to whip up a bit of interest in advance and to spread the 'announcement' over a longer period in order to generate interest. Otherwise, with so many instant announcements available to people these days, it could easily pass and a potential customer or two might miss it. At its most basic, it's simply a bit of fun, and certainly not something we'd want anyone to get very irritated about. (CJL)

If it's anything narrow gauge, then sign me up immediately, especially if it's welsh, like the VoR.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's about time we had a tender engine.....a Kirtley 0.6.0 would be nice as the last time it was announced it came to nought.

Rob.

• Like 1

Is the announcement date ahead of when we subscribers get our copies, or will we be getting it later thab usual?

That date is when the issue goes on shelves and subscribers will get their copies earlier than that date as they do every month. However for those who aren't subscribers that is the date that they can get the magazine. With the post being so variable in different parts of the country it was easier to put a single date than go 'maybe the 4th/5th/6th of the month.' Naturally of course that means all will be revealed before the posted date but we had to pick one to put on the post!

• RMweb Gold

I definitely know what it isn't going to be.

But have you considered the fact that your intuition or secretly acquired information might, or might not, be correct and that as a result you neither definitely know or definitely don't know that it is or isn't what you don't expect it to be?

That date is when the issue goes on shelves and subscribers will get their copies earlier than that date as they do every month. However for those who aren't subscribers that is the date that they can get the magazine. With the post being so variable in different parts of the country it was easier to put a single date than go 'maybe the 4th/5th/6th of the month.' Naturally of course that means all will be revealed before the posted date but we had to pick one to put on the post!

And I can neither confirm or deny that as a subscriber I will or won't spill the beans if my subscription copy arrives before the publication date.  But I might be able to confirm or deny that the clues I have given in respect of what I think it might be (assuming I am correct) are in fact accurate or inaccurate or simply an invention of my imagination or the result of a complete misunderstanding.  If you have missed the clues I'm blowed if I'm going to enlighten you if I'm wrong.

• Like 4

The announcement is subject to embargo until 7 June, so even if you receive your copy early, you must not read the pages containing the announcement until 7 June! If you plan to announce it on RMweb at 00.01 on 7 June you may wish to square it with Stationmaster first. (CJL)

• Like 1

It makes me feel old to remember when a press announcement or new catalogue was the first time that anyone knew about a forthcoming Model.

Or

You had to wait for the budget speech rather than on the previous nights news!

Or

To find out what was happening in soap land was to watch it! There was always the potential for a spoiler in the next weeks Radio or TV Times of consulting the cast list to see who was not in the cast list!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It makes me feel old to remember when a press announcement or new catalogue was the first time that anyone knew about a forthcoming Model.

Or

Or

To find out what was happening in soap land was to watch it! There was always the potential for a spoiler in the next weeks Radio or TV Times of consulting the cast list to see who was not in the cast list!

The last wouldn't work these days as the TV guides seldom include cast lists for any programmes. You might get the names of the leads if your very lucky, but you usually recognise them. Then, when you get to the end of watching the programme, they shrink the cast listing so you can't read it, which bugs me no end.

The only way to get a name when you think "he/she looks familiar, but I can't remember who it is" is the internet...……

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

• RMweb Premium

Or

Or

Re the budget speech. The 'good news' these days gets leaked days monthe