Model Rail Announcement

Chris Gad

• RMweb Gold

It's getting close to the announcement, anymore hints as to what it'll be?

OK...just dusted off my Enigma machine to decrypt the message from High Command. With the tunes of "My Fair Lady" ringing in his ears....."By Geoerge,he's got it.....I think he's got it....." Nearly 24 sleepless hours.....

Come on guys....this is just a bit of harmless fun and if it sells a few more copies then all to the good.

Official Secrets Act prevents further disclosure.

Well, I could tell you - but you probably wouldn't like what would happen next ... .

Huw.

Yes the announcement will be soon. We will be making it when we get our copies of the magazine in the office so that hopefully we can make it to time with the subscribers getting their copies (providing the post all runs to time of course). It could be potentially the end of this week but certainly the beginning of next. 

Is it soon?

After the Great Hornby Announcement Debacle, I've given up frothing for Lent. Next year.

:jester:

Considering that Lent finished in April feel free to start frothing again!

What I can do this morning is announce that we have sold out of the Heljan Class 128 89431 'Red Star' Express Parcels locomotive. 

P.S This is not the same announcement at the start of this thread just for clarity!

Considering that Lent finished in April feel free to start frothing again!

I carefully noted that my Lenten pledge was a rollover....  :jester:

(The Red Star 128 was a bit modern for me. If it ain't got whiskers...)

• Like 1

Are you going to produce the teak set as well? :jester:

Jason

Darn it Chris I think we've been rumbled!  :laugh:

Introducing the all new Model Rail coffee table. With a distinct teak finish it's the perfect table to rest your drink on whilst your operating your layout and for a limited time only it comes equipped with a magazine holder underneath in a safe area away from any potential spillages!

post-34376-0-39054000-1527685955_thumb.png

Introducing the all new Model Rail coffee table. With a distinct teak finish it's the perfect table to rest your drink on whilst your operating your layout and for a limited time only it comes equipped with a magazine holder underneath in a safe area away from any potential spillages!

Crumbs!

The finish is worse than those Hornby Gresley "teaks"!!!  :sungum:

Great,

You can do a feature in which each different part of the table is polished with an unnecessarily different, but increasingly expensive, scenic product in order to produce an essentially uniform effect.

Seriously, I do enjoy your practical features, and it's not your fault I can't afford to try any of them out!

Yours

A Brassic, subscriber 

• Like 1

Why is it that I look at that coffee table and start planning a model railway layout to go on it?

• Like 2

Why is it that I look at that coffee table and start planning a model railway layout to go on it?

It'd work in N and below, it looks about R1 for OO.  In any case, you'd get dizzy looking at it!

• RMweb Premium

Just the thing for the armchair modeller. Will it also be available in BR liveries?

• RMweb Gold

I’ve had an email today saying my subs copy is on the way with a picture of the front cover with a couple of locos showing and the title “we’ve commissioned 2 locomotives” turn to page 11

Dunno if that was planned as it’s a week away from the announcement but we’ll done on taking the chance on the fell diesel and an 009 de winton coffee pot

(Am I joking, you’ll just have to wait and see)

• Like 2

I’ve had an email today saying my subs copy is on the way with a picture of the front cover with a couple of locos showing and the title “we’ve commissioned 2 locomotives” turn to page 11

Dunno if that was planned as it’s a week away from the announcement but we’ll done on taking the chance on the fell diesel and an 009 de winton coffee pot

(Am I joking, you’ll just have to wait and see)

Just got the same email too, ok the de winton's not for me (someone was going to say it), but the Fell which appears to be in the later configuration will be added to my list.

Fell's Fell?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I see a further potential clue has emerged elsewhere - on RMweb of all places.  It wouldn't be fair to say where of course but it does rather neatly fit with my previous clues in this thread thereby indicating that either my crystal ball is working at 110% or I need a new one because this one has a ******* shaped crack in it. (Oops, that might be two clues, or on the other hand I might not be able to count or I missed a key or pressed one too many times/. Or it's not what I think it but might be a very useful alternative - possibly, or maybe not).

• Like 1