Model Rail Announcement

Chris Gad

What I can do this morning is announce that we have sold out of the Heljan Class 128 89431 'Red Star' Express Parcels locomotive

P.S This is not the same announcement at the start of this thread just for clarity!

Did not know that the class 128 DPU was a 'locomotive'.... :no: ,  though they did haul tail loads so it could be a locomotive in that respect.  

Dear Mr Steamport-Southport,

I would like to express my unhappiness at your apparent hatred and anguish towards us pre-grouping modelers. I appreciate that James has repeated his messages multiple times, but I suspect this is in the vain hope that Model Rail will listen and appreciate that there has been a growing trend towards sell-out pre-grouping models in pretty liveries. Now, at the moment, all of the models are offered in the same basic colour scheme (Black with plain wood uppers), so surely a more colourful and 'prettier' example would be a logical choice, offering the only livery option beyond black and light brown. 

What I am glad to be seeing is a trend towards pre-grouping designs that lasted through to BR days largely unadulterated by rebuilds. In this way most steam-era modellers of that region can be satisfied, and the manufacturers can appeal more to the collectors market.

At any rate, I sincerely hope that the next model to be announced can fulfill this criteria as it can ensure an increased market, and subsequent increased income, for Model Rail.

Regards,

E. Missenden

• Like 1

Well, I am delighted.

Am I allowed to say yet?

It must be public knowledge as it's in a magazine delivered to me by a public servant not five minutes ago.

The post-Grouping design will be welcomed by many.

Personally I am cock-a-bloody-hoop over the pre-Grouping prototype with 3, yes, 3 in pre-Grouping livery.  And with Rapido as the safe-pair-of-hands, the news COULD NOT BE BETTER.

I will need to rub my coppers together, because I'm going to buy all three!

Bloody well done and thanks to MR.

• Like 1

I may add that, whereas pre-Grouping releases have often been a bit random, this is a 'joined up thinking' release, because it complements what has already been manufactured and what has been announced by others, and, because it is not a top-link flyer or National Icon, but a Really Useful Engine, which makes it a really useful layout model, IMHO. 

Further, the planned tooling not only provides for 'in-service', pre-Grouping condition, as opposed to 'as-preserved', but allows early/as-built condition too.  This is pre-Grouping RTR as it should be.

Personally I am pleased because it is something that is of use to me and that I can buy (in 3s!), but beyond that it seems to me that, for the reasons I mention, the plans show MR to be right on the leading edge of the curve in terms of the approach to a pre-Grouping model.

Oh, and did I mention I am very happy about Rapido taking this on.

Grouping and Nationalised modellers are not neglected by this release, which is, of course, very important, and they will be celebrating too, but there has traditionally been less risk of them being so, so I am bound to see the significance of these models for those engaged in earlier periods.  For the pre-Group modeller, this is everything a pre-Group prototype model should be.

post-25673-0-74307100-1528107314.jpg

Edited by Edwardian
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Am I allowed to say yet?

It must be public knowledge as it's in a magazine delivered to me by a public servant not five minutes ago.

Say! They can't impose an embargo on anyone that doesn't agree to keeping it; what would they do, cancel your subscription, if they knew who you were? I will have to wait at least two weeks for my subs copy here in Portugal too.

Hopefully now that the cat is out of the bag for some, one of the Chris' will be along very shortly to tell us. But if not....

• Like 1

From what James has said elsewhere, I am a very happy bunny!

:sungum:

lbscr_e1_132_epernay.jpg

LBSCR E1, for those who don't recognise the above masterpiece!

And it's a Stroudley design too... if I owned a house I'd have to mortgage it to fund the purchase of at least ten, but I will have to try and make do with one on Bognor, as and when I build it.

EDIT: Crossed postings... I know someone who'll want a 1600 too. E1 for me though, in Umber, IEG, Goods Green and maybe BR Early Crest. I have more prototypical use for the pre-grouping ones, but my BR(S) layout desperately needs an 0-6-0T.

Edited by sem34090
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank Andy,

16XX Hawksworth Pannier

LB&SCR E1 - including IEG, Goods Green and Marsh Umber, plus Southern and BR

For some reason I thought it was going to be just one loco and mention of 'pre-Grouping' made me disappointed but the announcement of a cute little 16XX is simply superb. Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 2

Erm, Alex...

I thought you mentioned LBSCR as amongst your interests? If not, then...

GET OOOOOOOOUUUUT!!! You Traitor... :jester:

Besides, your signature says "Lover of all things pre-grouping, LMS, Southern..."! :jester:

Edited by sem34090

I've been weeding the garden all morning, and don't have a subscription, so I'm none the wiser.

Both steamy things, both 0-6-0 tank locos, both OO gauge, I thought they were the same thing. They look it and might just as well be.

;-)

G

Dear Mr Steamport-Southport,

I would like to express my unhappiness at your apparent hatred and anguish towards us pre-grouping modelers. I appreciate that James has repeated his messages multiple times, but I suspect this is in the vain hope that Model Rail will listen and appreciate that there has been a growing trend towards sell-out pre-grouping models in pretty liveries. Now, at the moment, all of the models are offered in the same basic colour scheme (Black with plain wood uppers), so surely a more colourful and 'prettier' example would be a logical choice, offering the only livery option beyond black and light brown. 

What I am glad to be seeing is a trend towards pre-grouping designs that lasted through to BR days largely unadulterated by rebuilds. In this way most steam-era modellers of that region can be satisfied, and the manufacturers can appeal more to the collectors market.

At any rate, I sincerely hope that the next model to be announced can fulfill this criteria as it can ensure an increased market, and subsequent increased income, for Model Rail.

Regards,

E. Missenden

What hatred towards pregrouping modellers?

My problem is every single thread there is the same voices complaining about "why haven't they done one in my favourite livery". If you were all actually modellers then you could easily repaint it yourself. If they didn't make a RTR model there is always the multitude of kits available.

"I want a GER J70!". Get a bit of paint and some transfers and do some actual modelling. You are after all modellers, I believe.

Besides I've just started building a Flower. Is that pre grouping enough?

Jason

Thank Andy,

16XX Hawksworth Pannier

LB&SCR E1 - including IEG, Goods Green and Marsh Umber, plus Southern and BR

So those are what we're getting?! Welp, time for me to break my wallett again, oh what day will we get the digital release for the July issue?