Real bargain sale

dasatcopthorne

I’ve been Tangoed! Far too good to refuse at the offer price.

My Grandfather kept a service log of the locomotives he drove, with but a single entry of an O2 from Audley End on Saturday, 4th April 1942. With the help of Yeadon 9 and RCTS “Green Book” 6B, I’ve gone for the early BR O2/3 63954 (as illustrated in Yeadon) as being a close match for the loco my Grandfather drove - and because I like it!

• Like 2

I must admit that at those prices for RTR O Gauge wagons something has to be suitable for the one day pile.

The question right now is "which particular something?"

Maybe a Dogfish; hoppers are not often the easiest of kits to put together - but then, the ABN wagons are rather nice too!

Edited by LBRJ

• RMweb Gold

Hope you guys have better luck than I had. Everything started well, ordered an LNER O2 and Royal Mail Letters railcar on Friday morning, packed and despatched Friday afternoon and, much to my surprise, delivered by DPD on Saturday afternoon.

Unfortunately both are going back tomorrow. The O2 ran about a foot and expired, dead as a dodo. The Railcar runs ok one way but not the other way.

C'est la vie!!

Keith

Bagged me 5 dogfish o gauge and a pipe wagon. Looks like I have the makings of an engineers train. A connoisseur models toad e brake which has been languishing unpainted for several years might just have found gainful employment.

• Like 1

My AC Cars railcar arrived a couple of days ago, unusually for Heljan there was nothing rattling around in the packaging when it arrived, nothing fell off when I touched it and it ran beautifully out of the box.  However, having read the instructions for fitting a DCC decoder, I'm wondering what will ping off into the carpet jungle......

Hattons dragging their feet with my order, placed it last Monday they said they were waiting for stock to come in eh? Doesn’t make sense.

You might find some item has sold out. Happened to me previously - ordered with "more than 10 in stock" but then got the same message you did. When I rang I was told that there were none to follow and the order was cancelled.