Paying full price for pr orders?.

darren01

Hi

I wanted to pre order a Dapol B4 and the new Hornby dinning car, placed an order and it looked like i had to pay the full amount up front.

So if you pre order from them it looks like you have to pay up front, and wait till the model arrives, which could be months, if i do a pre order with say Hattons you do not pay till the model is in the shops, or am i missing something here?.

Darren

"

PAYMENTS

Payments are only taken on orders when items are in stock and available for shipping. Payment is not taken on pre order (unless a deposit is required), on order, order upon request or back orders until the stock is available.

"

If the payment system asked for a credit card, the funds may have been pre-authorised (which may show as either a debit or a pending transactoon) but if they have been then the funds will either be returned or made available in the next few days.

Shops often use this as a form of security to make sure that if they are reserving something for someone, they actually have the means to pay for it.

Don’t known if this is how RoS works, but it has happened for me in several shops so I wouldn’t be surprised

Edited by Edge