Great Rail Restorations

melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Well, I should have asked my wife in the first place - she's just gone and logged on and now I've got the show running on the tablet!

You should always consult "She who knows all" before going elsewhere for advice. ;)

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for that.

I see that it requires me to download 'Adobe Flashplayer'. Is there any risk associated with downloading a programme like that, please?

Sorry CK, only just seen your reply.  The three posts that followed cover things.

Adobe Flash did have some problems/flaws a couple of years ago.  Now they're like everyone else: in a constant battle to keep ahead of the crooks.

I stopped using it for a while but reinstalled it after things seemed to settle down and it appears to be OK these days.

Like many things in life, keep your wits about you and if it doesn't feel right it probably isn't.  The web is just the same.  Keep control over what you can.  Keep your anti-virus up to date.  Don't click on links anywhere without pausing and thinking/checking first to make sure they are what you think they are.

Most importantly, don't trust the advice of people when you don't know whether or not they know what they are talking about.  :jester:

• Like 1

Guest spet0114

Just finished watching on 'All Four' the three episodes whose terrestrial broadcast I'd missed.

Taken as a whole, I think this series is/was marvellous. I've no problem with Peter Snow and his infectious enthusiasm helps drive the programme along.

Nice to see the heritage railway sector getting some publicity, too. 

• Like 2