Mystery 1960s miniature railway possibly in Sussex

rich1608

Hello I wonder if anyone here recognises the miniature railway in this film from the 1960s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8JRaFFpUQY&feature=youtu.be&t=7m50s It might be somewhere in Sussex as most of the rest of the film is standard gauge in that county. I can't find anything online about a 1960s miniature railway that is also on a pig farm. Many thanks Richard

• Like 3

Unless the film's been subject to some serious overcranking (it doesn't look like it, or not much anyway) it looks as if the train isn't hanging about.

Unless the film's been subject to some serious overcranking (it doesn't look like it, or not much anyway) it looks as if the train isn't hanging about.

From the speed of the man walking in one of the shots it could be overcranked. The line also had an ex Surrey Border and Camberley Garratt but I'm not sure if this was the same one that's now at the Royal Victoria Railway.

From the speed of the man walking in one of the shots it could be overcranked. The line also had an ex Surrey Border and Camberley Garratt but I'm not sure if this was the same one that's now at the Royal Victoria Railway.

I agree that it's been wound up a bit, but the human movement doesn't have the characteristic jerkiness that occurs when it's been really overdone.

• 2 years later...
On 27/05/2018 at 16:38, rich1608 said:

Hello I wonder if anyone here recognises the miniature railway in this film from the 1960s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8JRaFFpUQY&feature=youtu.be&t=7m50s It might be somewhere in Sussex as most of the rest of the film is standard gauge in that county. I can't find anything online about a 1960s miniature railway that is also on a pig farm. Many thanks Richard

Drusillas Park railway, Alfriston in East Sussex crossed my mind?