Triple-grey Railfreight 37104 Rep edition - Cockney sparra

Andy Y

Guest spet0114

Invicta could do with a shot in the arm - give them a call!

As, presumably, could any of the other dealers in NF's area.

There's a bit more to it than that to be fair.

Plus Invicta have supported RMweb with advertising before so I'm just suggesting what comes around should go around. :)

• RMweb Premium

Wow, are there really only eleven Bachmann retailers within the M25 now? Or are they just the ones who have ordered the model? That's 45 each in the unlikely event that they all get the same number, which may be quite a lot for a retailer that doesn't normally deal in limited editions, but if sufficiently popular a good shot in the arm for them seeing as how shop rents and rates are generally higher in and around London.

Shame it has the Sparra...

• RMweb Gold

Wow, are there really only eleven Bachmann retailers within the M25 now? Or are they just the ones who have ordered the model? That's 45 each in the unlikely event that they all get the same number, which may be quite a lot for a retailer that doesn't normally deal in limited editions, but if sufficiently popular a good shot in the arm for them seeing as how shop rents and rates are generally higher in and around London.

Shame it has the Sparra...

My guess is the shop orders the qty they feel they can sell + preorders, and re-order more as they sell.

Do Shops like Bentalls do preorders or mail order ?

I am only familiar with half of the list of retailers but of those I recognise they arent known for discounting.

As liveries go, this is unusual both in model and prototype form.

There’s a thread about 37104 here, including a picture of it at Carlisle,I might have one of it at Wigan.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/28492-which-class-37-had-the-railfreight-general-livery/

A quick google turns up pics at Carlisle, Doncaster, Ipswich, Tinsley, Westbury... it got about.

As for the sparrow.. if need be a cocktail stick will see it away in 60 seconds or less, add a Tinsley depot plaque..

I think invicta will do well with this one.

Edited by adb968008

Am I seeing that right?! Northfields model shop is getting this limited edition! good to see the lesser known shops are getting these, hopefully they'll sell well

NL

The model is available to ALL shops in the reps area not just selected ones

Are any of the shops offering this at less than RRP? If it's only available at full RRP it's an easy one to pass on

Janes Trains offer a standard 10% discount on all pre-orders. They specifically mention this on their Facebook listing for this model too.

• RMweb Gold

The Bachmann announcement explicitly states:

“Due for release later this year, you can pre-order this model exclusively from Bachmann retailers inside the M25 (London).“

http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2018/05/railfreight-triple-grey-37-0-sales-area-exclusive/

Given at least two of these shops have other different rep edition 37’s, it’s highly likely there is overlapping territory, and so I would take the announcement to be exactly what it says on the tin...exclusively from Bachmann retailers inside the M25 (London)... regardless the rep.

The other clue is in the poster published in post 1.. it names the retailers who will stock it.

I wouldn’t expect to see it at retailers outside the M25.

Invicta is showing at price of £164.95.

I live 3 miles or so from Janes but have never successfully been inside (every time I go it’s been closed).

Edited by adb968008

• 2 weeks later...

It has the names of the retailers that they'll be sending stock to, so I wouldn't of thought all shops would be getting these?

As the advert clearly states "Bachmann retailers within the M25 area"

NL

• 3 weeks later...