Cavalex Models - next project

Grimleygrid

I can only speak for myself, of course, but I have Bachmann and hope to have Revolution TEAs. If a different variation of TEA is produced, I can’t see myself getting more than one – and that out of curiosity. BBAs would be a different matter entirely.

Definitely interested in both of these, as already stated the BBA will be a seller, and there are numerous variants which could be explored. The TEA is a variant which crops up with other tea's in good numbers, I've mainly seen it on Lindsey - Kingsbury trains where it is commonly mixed with the ews liveried tankers, and I'd say to model these trains accurately over the last few years this wagon would be very useful.

Chris

Are the BBAs suitable for the electrically hauled steel coil trains from Ravenscraig to Llanwern in the late '70s/early '80s? 

If so, might need a couple of the upcoming Hornby 87s to stick on the front!

Yes indeed 87029!

6299916795_c98dbb2394_b.jpgRavenscraig Steel At Carlisle. by Neil Harvey 156, on Flickr

36208530856_8365fe6318_c.jpg87028 "Lord President" & 87021 "Robert The Bruce" at Warrington Bank Quay with the Ravenscraig - Dee Marsh steel train on 22nd February 1982 by Jjm2009, on Flickr

• Like 5

Hi Alex,

Get them on eBay before a RTR one comes along lol!

I’ve been doing some searching of photos on Flickr and the Lackenby to Workington flows were around 18/19 Wagons from 1982-2006 with pairs of 37’s and later 60’s. Going to have to save for 12-15 of them to make a decent rake.

Cheers

Mark

Following suggestions, feedback received and research conducted, we are looking at a TEA bogie tank wagon and BBA long steel carrier.

attachicon.gifTEA Bogie Tank.jpg

Photo Courtesy Trevor Plackett

attachicon.gifBBA Long Steel Carrier.jpg

Photo Courtesy AP

More details will be provided in due course.

WOW Both ideal for Kings Moreton mate, good luck boys.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

BBA wagon is for me.

I recalled quite a lot of steel workings as a kid, but whilst there’s umpteen RFT Metals locos out there, often there shelf ware models as there’s no wagons to go with them.

I have a picture of an ARC class 59/1 on steel works from Scotland over Shap somewhere, i’m not certain it was these wagons but if it was it’s a memory i’d like to recreate !

Edited by adb968008

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a list of all the TOPS pools for the BBA wagons from 1988 somewhere which i can post , plus a list of the BBA pools from early 2000's with all the design codes , as at around that time they had different floor designs no ends , various bolsters fitted etc.

BSA conversion 31 of these were done to work with stainless slab from Tinsley to Immingham and back loaded with semi finished stainless coil to the rolling mill at the end of Tinsley yard for finishing

.https://photos.smugmug.com/Wagons/BSA-Bogie-Steel-Slab-Carrier/i-NpmfGX8/0/13a77174/X2/910355-X2.jpg

Footage of BSA at Barnetby

https://youtu.be/KXMtDRZzcPo?t=53s

Pool 4107 BSC Lackenby - Hartlepool coil
910007,010,015,031,032,034,038,040,058,067,068,077,089,105,109,169,391,436,460,540.
Total 20 These carried eye to sky coil to be made into pipes

As and when i find more material will post

Edited by bazjones1711