Little Loco Company - Ruston 48DS

The Nth Degree

Don't think I'm giving anything away if I quote from the fb post that Steve reckons it will be less than £500 for non sound and another hundred for sound. Bogies are to absolute scale so quite simple to drop in S7 wheels. Delivery sometime in the Autumn. Reckon it will fly out or that price for that quality, going to be no 1 loco release of 2018 !

Edited by toffee
  • Like 1

Don't think I'm giving anything away if I quote from the fb post that Steve reckons it will be less than £500 for non sound and another hundred for sound. Bogies are to absolute scale so quite simple to drop in S7 wheels. Delivery sometime in the Autumn. Reckon it will fly out or that price for that quality, going to be no 1 loco release of 2018 !

Hi Toffee,

Thanks for that. Will it be available from the usual LLC distributors, if not, how do we order one?

ATVB

CME

Hi Toffee,

Thanks for that. Will it be available from the usual LLC distributors, if not, how do we order one?

ATVB

CME

Sorry, don't have any more info than on the fb page. A question to LLC ought to get a response or I guess the man himself will be along shortly to fill us in.

• Like 1

Sorry, don't have any more info than on the fb page. A question to LLC ought to get a response or I guess the man himself will be along shortly to fill us in.

I think I correctly remember earlier in this thread that LLC saud they would use RMWeb as a primary publication point.

Seems the all encroaching FB is in the ascendancy still though?

Edited by leopardml2341

?..., so it could be just me LOL!

Not at all, CME. The danger comes when those using social media, especially Facebook, just assume that everyone else is on there too.

I don't think LLC are in that category, and I'm pretty confident you will see - when the time is right - the means to pre-order on their website, just as the case currently with the 48DS.

Edited by Osgood

Apologies, it's been a busy day today.

Yes, RMWeb is the 'official' online announcement point, FB is mostly for daily chat and for when you have got to know something immediately. There's also a healthy folllowing of Class 15 owners who can help each other out with detailing, DCC and just showing their models. There's not too much more that's revealed there that isn't here - although that depends on whether I'm in an excited mood or not!

Sadly, after reviewing recently supplied costs, I had to inform my retailers today the the next model will not be available for resale, so the only place you'll be able to purchase one is direct from LLC, either on the website or from shows.

The website is undergoing a much-needed revamp at the moment, mostly on the back end admin side. This is (of course!) delayed. It should have been completed by now, but will be ready by the end of the month - which is a slight disappointment considering what is happening tomorrow...

Good night all!

• Like 3

I find the modelling groups very good on Facebook & I have enjoyed the LLC updates ...thanks Steve :)

Hi Phill,

I can understand that Phill.

My better half goes on there-so does the CIA/NSA/TPTB for face recognition etc-and everytime Ive looked at it (for RC modelling etc), to put it politely the whole thing with 'alerts', 'friends suggestions' etc etc etc., is like looking for a small diamond in a train wreck, in short too much dross to wade through coupled with clumbsy programming IMHHO.......sorry just my opinion.

It is true to say that only 33% of the world is on the internet, how many of those are on <bebmyspacebook> is anyones guess but not everyone wants to be-or needs to be.

I digress.

ATVB

CME

Hi Phill,

I can understand that Phill.

My better half goes on there-so does the CIA/NSA/TPTB for face recognition etc-and everytime Ive looked at it (for RC modelling etc), to put it politely the whole thing with 'alerts', 'friends suggestions' etc etc etc., is like looking for a small diamond in a train wreck, in short too much dross to wade through coupled with clumbsy programming IMHHO.......sorry just my opinion.

It is true to say that only 33% of the world is on the internet, how many of those are on <bebmyspacebook> is anyones guess but not everyone wants to be-or needs to be.

I digress.

ATVB

CME

Why don't you use the search options that are available on facebook?

• 4 months later...

After a reasonably successful factory visit yesterday I have now approved all but two of the injection parts for the Rustons. The only two outstanding are the cab interior fascia panels, and only because the injector pins were placed on the visible side (schoolboy error on their side). Once these amends are made I can give the go-ahead for production.

post-11337-0-02268900-1528452679_thumb.jpg

The only remaining parts left to approve are the chassis and buffer assembly. At least with the upper superstructure in production at least some assembly can start.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

After a reasonably successful factory visit yesterday I have now approved all but two of the injection parts for the Rustons. The only two outstanding are the cab interior fascia panels, and only because the injector pins were placed on the visible side (schoolboy error on their side). Once these amends are made I can give the go-ahead for production.

IMG_5616.JPG

The only remaining parts left to approve are the chassis and buffer assembly. At least with the upper superstructure in production at least some assembly can start.

The mouldings look rather nice. Really looking forward to mine arriving now :)

attachicon.gifIMG_5616.JPG

Really good to see some progress being made with the Sentinel.  I assume these are replacement parts for the ones that would not assemble correctly. Do you have an idea of timescale to complete.

Norman

Yes, these among other parts were not to spec, but all bar the cab interior fascia panel are now approved, with only the panel to amend of all the injection moulded parts. The die-cast parts (chassis, motor/gearbox mount, buffer assembly) are still to be seen and approved. Machined parts, like wheels, axles and handrails are all approved, as are the electronics suite.

Theoretically I could have parts ready for assembly in 6 weeks, but theory is nothing next to practice!

• 2 weeks later...