Little Loco Company - Class 15

The Nth Degree

Steve,

Put me down for a couple assuming they can be converted to s7

Thanks mate.

Yes, conversion is not a problem. Simply unscrew the bottom of the bogies to drop out the axles, reprofile the wheels and space out accordingly, drop them back in and away you go.

Little Loco Company is heavily influenced by S7 modellers...

• Like 4

I also wanted the announcement in a standalone thread to maximise exposure 

I did suggest creating a separate topic, there may have been some confusion as you were asking for a separate sub-forum to be created. There would have been no problem with a separate topic.

I did suggest creating a separate topic, there may have been some confusion as you were asking for a separate sub-forum to be created. There would have been no problem with a separate topic.

Andy, you'll have to tell me how that works. As far as I figured, it would leave several Little Loco Company topics within the Smaller Suppliers thread, which is what I didn't want. I was hoping all LLC topics would be collated together under one LLC directory. Our next model is about to be briefed to the design engineers in as soon as this one is in tooling next week.

Cheers, Steve

• RMweb Premium

I hadn't seen this topic so I had started one as a separate thread. IMO I think that should've been left open to discuss the Class 15 only.

Hello MGR, I also wanted the announcement in a standalone thread to maximise exposure – I think the cause is worth it alone. Where is your thread, I can't find it.

Sorry guys - partly my fault. I saw 'MGR' had posted a new topic with a link to information on the Hornby Magazine site and so I posted a link to this topic where Steve had already posted the full information and CAD files. I then reported the duplication to the Admin and Mods team so that all the information was in one place which has been common practice over the last 10 years (goodness have I been here that long!)

Steve - perhaps if you start a new topic with your full announcement and make clear that it is only for discussing the new loco and all the wish lists and general chat can continue on this page. I guess what you wanted from Andy was a separate 'sub-forum' similar to Chris with Ixion and Minerva.

Mike

EDIT to add link to the other topic   http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/109138-little-loco-announces-class-15-in-o-gauge/

Edited by Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Premium

I've just got back from the web people. As soon as the DNS have been populated the website should be up and running.

Unfortunately they couldn't complete everything I wanted for today, but over the next week or two everything should be operable.

Good luck with your new venture, whilst the class 15 is not for me I await future new products with great interest.

May I make a suggestion with regards to the website? If you still have access to your blogspot website http://littlelococo.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page.html perhaps you could post something on there in place of the 03 & 04 page?

If you put out a press release saying 'see website for details,' and then the website doesn't work, then that tends to make people suspicious of your business and your motives.  I appreciate you're waiting on the web company sorting out their end, but if your customers can see some sort of online presence, even if it's a temporary website, they would be reassured that you are here to stay and you are genuine.

Kind regards

Moxy

Edited by Moxy

Hello MGR, I also wanted the announcement in a standalone thread to maximise exposure – I think the cause is worth it alone. Where is your thread, I can't find it.

Yes, all CAD/CAM is complete and tooling will start early next week. It will take approx 4 weeks to complete and squeeze out the first test sample, and from there at least one of each livery will be sent over for review. I'm hoping this will be complete within 6 weeks, but it won't take too much longer for full production to ramp up, so keeping my May deadline.

If you can hold on a little longer you can see the actual models in each of their liveries.

Thanks, Steve

Well maybe you can ask an admin to unlock my thread and add the CAD images manually to my initial post.

I look forward to seeing test samples and also painted samples. Very curious to see the LSP and green with egg shell blue versions.

• RMweb Gold

@ The Nth Degree

I hadn't seen this topic so I had started one as a separate thread. IMO I think that should've been left open to discuss the Class 15 only. Anyway, I'm not sure if I will buy one, but it looks too good to resist. Loco has the typical ALCo style design and so brings back memories.

Is the artwork for these done? I am curious to see what BTH15-GDB Green with duck egg blue cab panelsBTH15-LSP Liverpool Street pilot Limited Edition, fully decorated look like. Any prototype photos in colour?

Like this I hope!

Could be tempted to the dark side by this, always saw her when we went up spotting to London in 69/70

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=d8234&view=detailv2&&id=8B1C4C28986DD8A00F68AB060E42BDE539032CD5&selectedIndex=13&ccid=DYRQKEj0&simid=607999840551962093&thid=OIP.M0d84502848f481bbd69b87d4e59f74eao0&ajaxhist=0

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52467480@N08/6877320326/

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 1

Brilliant news on the Class 15, very tempted by these! Do you intend to develop the better quality etches for the original 03 and 04 kits, I think it got as far as the frames the last time I looked.

Thank you.

I do indeed, starting with the 04s. There is a lull in activities whilst tooling is taking place, so I can pick up where I left off. As you can imagine, I've been occupied elsewhere during the last few months.

It struck me today what else is innovative about this new model:-

Assuming all goes to plan with the May release, that's 3 months (or less?!) from announcement to delivery..!! :O :yes:

What about the years of delays? Where are the inaccurate 1st CAD drawings? Why no changes of plans concerning liveries? This is what we're used to now... 3 months just doesn't seem right, somehow... :D ;) :jester:

• Like 1

Assuming all goes to plan with the May release, that's 3 months (or less?!) from announcement to delivery..!! :O :yes:

What about the years of delays? Where are the inaccurate 1st CAD drawings? Why no changes of plans concerning liveries? This is what we're used to now... 3 months just doesn't seem right, somehow... :D ;) :jester:

Plenty of time for all of that, but I think Steve is somewhat more organised. :)

• Like 3

Steve, you should quickly release an 08...

Reckon you'd make a killing! The Dapol situation is completely laughable and frankly dirty business!

JB.

Does help that Steve has only announced and has been working on one model rather than two dozen like other manufacturer(s).

Rob

Thank you.

I do indeed, starting with the 04s. There is a lull in activities whilst tooling is taking place, so I can pick up where I left off. As you can imagine, I've been occupied elsewhere during the last few months.

Hi Steve,

Fantastic response to this news, as is deserved!

Just to clarify... is it proposed that the Class 03/04 models would be based on improvements of the existing kits (as earlier in the thread) and that any RTR model would be therefore based on a professional/batch build of that, rather than the approach taken with the Class 15? If there is no answer to that question yet please just say and don't worry!

Cheers,

David

Hello David, the kits will be the completely redesigned versions as I was working on before, but any RTR models will be produced in the same way as the Class 15. It is possible that the 03 kit may not be developed and will move straight to the RTR route, as this is a much simpler loco to produce – there was only one real variation, and that was with air braking. The 04, on the other hand, was very complex with several variations on the underframe, running plate, bonnets, cabs, and a myriad of smaller detail differences, making it a very expensive item to produce for what is a very small loco.

Hello David, the kits will be the completely redesigned versions as I was working on before, but any RTR models will be produced in the same way as the Class 15. It is possible that the 03 kit may not be developed and will move straight to the RTR route, as this is a much simpler loco to produce – there was only one real variation, and that was with air braking. The 04, on the other hand, was very complex with several variations on the underframe, running plate, bonnets, cabs, and a myriad of smaller detail differences, making it a very expensive item to produce for what is a very small loco.

Hi Steve,

thank you very much again for that comprehensive and very quick response. It is great to hear the clarification and I look forward to both the immediate and longer-term progress! As discussed previously, I think the rtr Cl.03 would be a cracking choice but realise you have more pressing concerns at the moment, with other items proposed to follow the Cl.15 before the shunters. However I am still excited that an 03, in this kind of format, is an option for further down the line in the development of the product range for the Little Loco Company.

David