• RMweb Gold

It looks decidedly dodgy. Like someone has just taken a screenshot from your actual site and pasted it onto something with a link to a drain pipe where the contents of your bank account will go.

I've logged onto your actual website and it makes no mention of a new site.

I would recommend that if anyone gets this invitation to put it somewhere safe until it can be verified. 

More info here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/136664-our-new-website/ 

http://www.ws.vintagecarriagestrust.org/ws/WagonInfo.asp?Ref=11315

Just in case you're interested, APCM PVV at the Aln Valley Railway. Waiting to be measured.

And past some good Ale houses on the way.  I know some folk that can act as guides for a scouting party.

Edited by Porcy Mane

• RMweb Gold

post-7114-0-69281100-1535629443_thumb.jpg

We've been pretty excited about our entry to the UK market. Our HUO Hoppers have gone down a treat, winning plaudits from modellers and magazines alike, with some variants already sold out. We're pretty excited about our forthcoming Cemflo wagon too, but despite rapid design progress, sometimes a delay from somewhere not envisaged can kick in. These delays might even be something that didn't directly affect you initially, but sometimes these occurrences can have a chain reaction and you have to operate for the greater good. 

What is this rambling about I hear you ask? Well, sadly we must inform you that there has been a delay in the progress of its forthcoming PCV ‘Cemflo’ wagon due to the recent factory closure in China. But there is good news too! 

While we did not use the factory in question, we did have good relationships with some of the manufacturers involved with this sudden closure. They are good companies with good people working for them to serve us all. To mitigate against the potential loss of jobs and these companies to the modelling community, we have agreed to share production space in our factory with some of these companies where possible.

This has meant an unfortunate delay in the production of the Cemflo wagon. However, due to the goodwill shared by us in this situation, it was possible to renegotiate a lower production price, which we can pass onto you as compensation for this delay. This will result in a partial refund to customers who have already placed an order, and a new lower purchase price for new customers. So, you get some money back for this delay. Has that ever been done in this industry before? 

The new purchase price for a single wagon is £24.95, a saving of £1 and a triple pack is now £69.95, a saving of £4. There will reductions on the rake deals too, with £399.95 for the TOPS bundle, a saving of £35.05, and £459.95 for the pre-TOPS bundle, a large saving of £40.05 on previous prices. Existing customers can opt to have this refund in cash transferred back to your payment card or PayPal accounts, or you can have it as a credit note with an additional 20% added to use against a future purchase from the Accurascale website. So refund plus 20% against one of the (many) future models we have coming your way, with no time limit. This means you can wait and see what you want to spend it on in the future matching your plans and era! 

If you are an existing customer and you want to avail of this refund, contact us directly via info@accurascale.co.uk with your order number and state your preference for a partial cash refund or the 20% bonus credit note scheme. The reduced prices are now active on our website if you wish to place an order: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/apcm-pcv-cemflo-powder-wagon

We anticipate that a pre-production sample will be ready in time for the Great Electric Train Show in Milton Keynes on October 13-14th, with delivery now slated for April 2019. 

We understand that this delay is frustrating, and it is not in our usual ethos, but we hope you understand that the decision was made to help safeguard the futures of other companies and their staff and to help serve the model railway industry for many years to come.

Thanks for all your understanding and support as ever.

Fran

• Like 9

While we did not use the factory in question, we did have good relationships with some of the manufacturers involved with this sudden closure. They are good companies with good people working for them to serve us all. To mitigate against the potential loss of jobs and these companies to the modelling community, we have agreed to share production space in our factory with some of these companies where possible.

Very commendable.

Lets hope should you chaps find yourselves in the unfortunate position of being in a similar situation other manufacturers reciprocate.

P

• RMweb Gold

Very commendable.

Lets hope should you chaps find yourselves in the unfortunate position of being in a similar situation other manufacturers reciprocate.

P

Thanks Porcy! Young, growing companies like ourselves should work and stick together where possible. You will see more of this from us in the coming weeks and months, watch this space... 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

attachicon.gif0104.jpg

We've been pretty excited about our entry to the UK market. Our HUO Hoppers have gone down a treat, winning plaudits from modellers and magazines alike, with some variants already sold out. We're pretty excited about our forthcoming Cemflo wagon too, but despite rapid design progress, sometimes a delay from somewhere not envisaged can kick in. These delays might even be something that didn't directly affect you initially, but sometimes these occurrences can have a chain reaction and you have to operate for the greater good. 

What is this rambling about I hear you ask? Well, sadly we must inform you that there has been a delay in the progress of its forthcoming PCV ‘Cemflo’ wagon due to the recent factory closure in China. But there is good news too! 

This has meant an unfortunate delay in the production of the Cemflo wagon. However, due to the goodwill shared by us in this situation, it was possible to renegotiate a lower production price, which we can pass onto you as compensation for this delay. This will result in a partial refund to customers who have already placed an order, and a new lower purchase price for new customers. So, you get some money back for this delay. Has that ever been done in this industry before? 

The new purchase price for a single wagon is £24.95, a saving of £1 and a triple pack is now £69.95, a saving of £4. There will reductions on the rake deals too, with £399.95 for the TOPS bundle, a saving of £35.05, and £459.95 for the pre-TOPS bundle, a large saving of £40.05 on previous prices. Existing customers can opt to have this refund in cash transferred back to your payment card or PayPal accounts, or you can have it as a credit note with an additional 20% added to use against a future purchase from the Accurascale website. So refund plus 20% against one of the (many) future models we have coming your way, with no time limit. This means you can wait and see what you want to spend it on in the future matching your plans and era! 

If you are an existing customer and you want to avail of this refund, contact us directly via info@accurascale.co.uk with your order number and state your preference for a partial cash refund or the 20% bonus credit note scheme. The reduced prices are now active on our website if you wish to place an order: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/apcm-pcv-cemflo-powder-wagon

We anticipate that a pre-production sample will be ready in time for the Great Electric Train Show in Milton Keynes on October 13-14th, with delivery now slated for April 2019. 

We understand that this delay is frustrating, and it is not in our usual ethos, but we hope you understand that the decision was made to help safeguard the futures of other companies and their staff and to help serve the model railway industry for many years to come.

Thanks for all your understanding and support as ever.

Fran

Wow

£25 is amazing value for a wagon of that quality.

You guys also sure know how to create a good vibe about your product range

Hello Lads,

It's very surprising that an announcement like this has elicited only 3 related responses (including mine) and all positive.

Considering a pre-production sample is still expected in October, I suppose this means the tooling is still expected to be completed in advance of that date.

I suppose the next steps would be feedback and corrections following initial sample before giving the OK to start production.

A 6 month delay from the original target is quite a long time (considering tooling is all but complete). Are you erring on the side of caution on the reported delay and is there a chance that you might be able to improve on this or are there other things in the mix?

Regards,

Bob

• RMweb Gold

Hello Lads,

It's very surprising that an announcement like this has elicited only 3 related responses (including mine) and all positive.

Considering a pre-production sample is still expected in October, I suppose this means the tooling is still expected to be completed in advance of that date.

I suppose the next steps would be feedback and corrections following initial sample before giving the OK to start production.

A 6 month delay from the original target is quite a long time (considering tooling is all but complete). Are you erring on the side of caution on the reported delay and is there a chance that you might be able to improve on this or are there other things in the mix?

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,

As you state tooling is progressing, but it's in production capacity where we are helping out others, hence the delay (though tooling was also delayed slightly by the upheaval in China of course). I dont want to have it come back to bite me on the bum by saying it could happen before April, but if we can make it so, we will. We do have the misfortune of Chinese New Year in the midst of all that too which stops everything for over a month. We will have a sample in October and this will be displayed for all of you to see. If there are errors that stick out on it that are spotted, we certainly will look to correct them too, but are pretty confident that it will be very nice from the outset. 

We have received significant feedback via email from customers when we contacted them to explain the situation. We are absolutely blown away by the level of positive support and understanding shown by you all, and it has confirmed to us that we did the right thing. The news has been sent to all the magazines too and I'm sure there will be more responses when the news is published there. 

Lots of people like the new lower price too, indicated by a glut of new orders! :)

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by 071

• RMweb Gold

I tried to avail myself of your offer but didn't seem to have any luck on your site.

I send a message from the site but didn't get a response so I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any advice?

Bob

PM me Bob your email address and your order number and I will get it sorted for you.

Cheers!

Fran

Just another thought.

With the UK's impending detachment from continental Europe and our drifting off into the wide blue yonder, is the cost of these items likely to be affected by WTO tariffs?

Sorry Mr. Moderator, no political messages should be drawn from this posting. :angel:

• RMweb Gold

Just another thought.

With the UK's impending detachment from continental Europe and our drifting off into the wide blue yonder, is the cost of these items likely to be affected by WTO tariffs?

Sorry Mr. Moderator, no political messages should be drawn from this posting. :angel:

Without getting too political, since no decision has yet been made about what will happen by the powers that be we simply do not know! I don't know of any company in any industry that knows what will happen at this stage. 

However, we're putting several different contingency plans in place behind the scenes to try to mitigate what happens as much as we can. It's in our interest to make it work for us, so that's what we will try to do. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Just another thought.

Not unless they are from Sevastopol or Crimea (complete ban).

Model railways are still considered toys and games by the harmonised tariff codes.. code 9503003

https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/trade-tariff/commodities/9503003000

There isn’t any country that tariffs children’s toys, so for now we are safe.

• RMweb Gold

Not unless they are from Sevastopol or Crimea (complete ban).

Model railways are still considered toys and games by the harmonised tariff codes.. code 9503003https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/trade-tariff/commodities/9503003000

There isn’t any country that tariffs children’s toys, so for now we are safe.

Absolutely correct! I had forgotten this but our accounts bod confirms this. It’s just VAT that is payable. So my comment above applies to VAT. We’ll have a clearer picture in the new year!