Millholme 4mm Kits - LMS Patriot

Comet LMS Scot chassis fret will work.

The kit should have a brass plate  locomotive.chassis. Works perfectly as far as I am concerned. Mind you, i'll add brake gear myself and I don't compensate that size of locomotive.

Here comes the heresy for some of you!!

Following Larry Goddard's excellent use of propriety chassis and my own use of a new build Bachmann jubilee chassis under two K's  Jubilees, I am looking at using one under a Millholme Patriot I got on ebay at a stupid price because it had an EM chassis.

C.

Reason i ask is an ebay seller "harrystoyshop1982" was selling a "complete" kit on ebay. I couldnt see the chassis and when i challenged him hoping he would change the description to accurately reflect what he was selling he got very upset and was being very arrogant and rude in his reponses. In the end, he just pulled me off the listing. Good for me but not for someone who might buy it thinking it was complete. Horrible seller. Shame, as he had some very good kits on offer and I would have been tempted with at least two of his other kits. Not now though!

I have bought two or three times from this seller without any problems

Thank you John - like I said, I was very interested in a couple of his kits nad he had 100% feedback. I was just a little concenred when he gave me such a poor response. I know he was probably thinking that I was just fishing to keep the price low, but I know if I sell something, I want it to be accurate and I respect the buyer. I think he has pulled the Patriot listing now, or banned me from seeing it!

I think the items I bought were a bit sparse on information, which I don't mind as this tends to keep the price down. I always rely on the photos, looking for added value items which have not been mentioned and may not be completely visible. So I think in the end it could be to my advantage if the seller is brief with the description

Yes, He's removed it from sale and will probably relist it.

I think I've used him before and he was fine.

To be honest most "ancient" kits have poor chassis anyway. If buying them then I always take into consideration that I may have to spend another £15 to £40 on a chassis or frames depending on what it is.

Jason

I have had a couple of Millholme kits and not too impressed with them, but they were early examples and I have seen much worse

Thank you all - as I said, I informed him of the lack of chassis, but my issue was that he was so rude and obnoxious about me pointing it out, and rather than say "oh, thank you for that, i will amend the posting", he got nasty, refused to amend the posting, sent me some childish replies, and took the listing off telling me that it was his decision who he sold it to, and that he made the decision for me........ so there!!!

I like the fact he has positive feedback, and I am sure he is a very good seller - he just wasnt happy someone called him out I guess. 

I have given up on giving additional information on listings as most just ignore it, their loss as with a correct description higher final price may be the result. As a seller I always take notice of questions, some point out listing errors, others I copy on to the listing, but always try to be polite

• RMweb Gold

If i could see the chassis i wouldnt have said anything. He says he has it so one has to trust him and return it if it doesnt. I will still keep my eye out for one but there looks like there are better kits out there. Just cost more. Thank you all for clarifying the chassis issue. I have nothing against the seller other than his lack of description and poor attitude when i was asking him about it.