ST Andrews Exhibition 11th and 12th of August 2018

arran

HI All

ST Andrews Model railway exhibition will soon be upon us again.

The Exhibition will again be held in the Town Hall at the top of Queen Gardens.

Sat 10.00 till 17.30 Sun 10.30 till 17.00

The show coincides with the fair this year as it does most years .

Layout and trader list to follow.

Regards Arran 

http://www.eastneukmrc.co.uk/

post-530-0-17090900-1529960790_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

HI All

A list of whats expected at ST Andrews this year.

Regards Arran

Layouts

Leven Bank                        Modern N gauge

Eastgate on sea                 50s 60s    OO Gauge

Aldbury                               GWR OO Gauge               

Arbroath                              Modern OO Gauge

Morven                                USA          N Gauge

Ketton Cement                    Modern 2mm

New Westminster                Canadian HO

St Georges Dock                O Gauge

Handegg                              HO Swiss

Glenfinnan                           OO Gauge 80s

Sophie’s Lego Railway   “Drive a train”

Scottish Modellers Demo “DEMU”

N Gauge Soc Demo

Trade

DC Kits , Legoman sounds

Realtrack Models

Douglas Blades   Books and DVDs

K&M models

Durham trains of Stanley

Direct Train Spares

Secondhand

Edited by arran

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

I'll be providing the N Gauge Society demo stand as 'NGS in Scotland'.

I am hoping to have either Finetrax or NGS Wagon kits as demonstrations (maybe both).

By the end of the show I might even have an N Gauge layout as a demo 'work in progress'.

See you all there....

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Last reminder before the start of theshow!

Will we see you when the doors open tomorrow 11th August?

Hope so - usually a cracking good show plus all the usual goings on in St Andrews Lammas Fair week....

Street food, street stalls, fair rides,

What more could you need?

Thanks

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,  Hope so - usually a cracking good show plus all the usual goings on in St Andrews Lammas Fair week....

Street food, street stalls, fair rides,

What more could you need?

Somewhere to park?

DT

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

Went to the show for a while today.  Before I comment on the show folk should be aware that the Lammas Market has started so parking may not be as easy as thought.  A couple of streets are closed, while there are some other traffic restrictions.

I have mixed views on the show.

Exhibits:

Three really good layouts: Ketton Cement; Glenfinnan; and New Westminster.  All exhibited fine modelling, simplicity, and entertainment value.  The operators on these layouts also spoke with my wife and I.  Other layouts were marred by non-communicative exhibitors, and non-moving trains.

Traders:

With the exception of two they were much as you may expect form a small regional show.  The exceptions were the folk doing DCC sound who were extremely helpful, and one group who fought amongst themselves over prices!

(Disclaimer:  I have no connection with any of the above exhibitors, traders, groups, or individuals other than as a spectator or potential customer.)

Hoping that this is of interest/use.

Regards,

Alex.

T

Hi folks,

Went to the show for a while today.  Before I comment on the show folk should be aware that the Lammas Market has started so parking may not be as easy as thought.  A couple of streets are closed, while there are some other traffic restrictions.

Exhibits:

Three really good layouts: Ketton Cement; Glenfinnan; and New Westminster.  All exhibited fine modelling, simplicity, and entertainment value.  The operators on these layouts also spoke with my wife and I.  Other layouts were marred by non-communicative exhibitors, and non-moving trains.

Traders:

With the exception of two they were much as you may expect form a small regional show.  The exceptions were the folk doing DCC sound who were extremely helpful, and one group who fought amongst themselves over prices!

(Disclaimer:  I have no connection with any of the above exhibitors, traders, groups, or individuals other than as a spectator or potential customer.)

Regards,

Alex.

Thanks Alex.... always glad to interest/entertain, after all that's why we do it.  See us next at Ayr show in September when we will be manning 'Blair Atholl Towards Drumochter'

Hi folks,

Exhibits:

I’m sorry but I beg to differ here. I had a long conversation with the chap operating “Handegg” and whilst I was rabbiting on he was continually operating the layout. He also made conversation with other visitors. I also thought the layout was of a good standard with some excellent scratch modelling. The guys on New Westminster were also very communicative and I agree re the quality of this layout - I couldn’t say the same for Glenfinnan. Ketton was very good as was the gent operating who was more than happy to answer questions and explain concepts behind its construction.

Traders:

Regards,

Alex.

HI All

Shows over everything packed away, although numbers were down a little it was still a great success.

Next years show 2019 will be on the 17th and 18th of Aug which is a week later in the calendar and will deliberately miss the Fair ground come market weekend and go back to what was always our weekend, as this has now become available at the town hall .

This will help the on street parking and us for packing up as they are clearing South Street at 1pm now and not 3pm as it used to be for the main fairground rides to set up.

Regards Arran 

• RMweb Premium

HI All.....Next years show 2019 will be on the 17th and 18th of Aug which is a week later in the calendar and will deliberately miss the Fair ground come market weekend and go back to what was always our weekend, as this has now become available at the town hall .  This will help the on street parking

I think that's a good idea.  It was largely the presence of the fair, and its effect on parking (always difficult in St. Andrews, especially for someone who doesn't know the town well) that decided me not to go.  Probably the awful weather also played a part.  Hopefully next year.

DT