Model Rail 250 (summer?)

grahame

Apparently, according to an email I've received, my subscription copy of the next issue is on its way and will contain:

• Build a backscene box - George Dent shows you an effective way of enclosing your layout.
  • Light your layout - Chris Nevard considers the important subject of layout illumination.
  • Paint a backscene - Chris Leigh shows you how to paint a backscene to fit your layout.
  • Build a wood platform - An oft-discarded item has stirred Chris Nevard’s love for scratchbuilding.
  • Build a diorama in ‘O’- Steven Kraus builds a diorama to display British RTR ‘O’ gauge models.
  • Model holiday specials - George Dent relives the golden age of excursion traffic on the railways.
  • Build a footbridge - Chris Leigh’s passengers finally have access to the other platform

G.

• Like 1

I had the same email but it's still not arrived :/I'm sure last time I had am email and it arrived within a couple of days.Will give it a chance.

Yes, mine hasn't either. Yet the email, now received at least a week ago, said it was on its way. I'm surprised the post is taking so long.

G

Unfortunately these type of emails (that seem to imply the magazine is on it way) just increase expectation and add confusion as to the print and/or publication dates. If they can't be more accurate or sent at a more appropriate time, it might be best not to send them at all.

G

• RMweb Premium

And how many of these topics have been covered, by the magazine, within the last 2 years? - virtually all it feels like... 

One of the drawbacks of being a subscriber for the last 20? years I suppose.

Unfortunately these type of emails (that seem to imply the magazine is on it way) just increase expectation and add confusion as to the print and/or publication dates. If they can't be more accurate or sent at a more appropriate time, it might be best not to send them at all.

G

But electronic communication is faster than the mail. The e-mails come from a marketing department in Peterborough and the mags from a printer in Dorset. One comes through cyberspace and the other on a lorry. Pretty difficult to co-ordinate that! (CJL)

• RMweb Gold

Is there no layouts or prototype stuff in it?

Getting a bit fed up of build this build that and the track plans just irritate me as most aren't really feasible

But electronic communication is faster than the mail. The e-mails come from a marketing department in Peterborough and the mags from a printer in Dorset. One comes through cyberspace and the other on a lorry. Pretty difficult to co-ordinate that! (CJL)

I wouldn't have thought it difficult. Knowing that electronic communication is pretty much instantaneous, it's surely a matter of waiting until the printing is confirmed and issues are put in the post before sending the email. Surely it's not rocket science to co-ordinate, and if it really can't be managed then simply don't sent the emails as they only cause consternation and confusion.

G

I wouldn't have thought it difficult. Knowing that electronic communication is pretty much instantaneous, it's surely a matter of waiting until the printing is confirmed and issues are put in the post before sending the email. Surely it's not rocket science to co-ordinate, and if it really can't be managed then simply don't sent the emails as they only cause consternation and confusion.

G

Apparently the young lady who does the e-mails sent them before she went on holiday. Is it really the end of the World? (CJL)

• RMweb Gold

Same here, was beginning to wonder what had happened.

Keith

Just a quick update, my copy has just reached the far south east corner of the country. Plenty of bedtime reading now!!

Keith

Apparently the young lady who does the e-mails sent them before she went on holiday. Is it really the end of the World? (CJL)

Of course it's not the end of the world and no-one has suggested that, but emails can be set to be sent at a particular time in the future.

The problem is that I now don't know if, or when, it was sent, and wether, as it didn't arrive in the post today, it has been lost or is just late. Having been advised well over a week ago that it was on its way and now told the email was sent early has just added to the confusion.

G

Of course it's not the end of the world and no-one has suggested that, but emails can be set to be sent at a particular time in the future.

The problem is that I now don't know if, or when, it was sent, and wether, as it didn't arrive in the post today, it has been lost or is just late. Having been advised well over a week ago that it was on its way and now told the email was sent early has just added to the confusion.

G

If it doesn't arrive by the weekend (I'm pretty sure it will) e-mail me with your postal address and I'll get one sent out from the office. (CJL)

• RMweb Premium

Just picked up a copy in Tesco's during the main weekly shop. Quite surprised since it's usually thursdays when most mags seem to appear around here (North Essex). Another really good issue with plenty for practical modellers to think about in respect of lighting/presentation either for simple home use or at exhibitions.

Liked seeing Morfa Mawr, lovely shots, but had to look here to work out the track plan;- http://emgauge70s.co.uk/layout_aberath.html    but having looked at the online shots several times in the past the article helped give a better understanding of it in overall terms.

Izzy