Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Pendon Museum - Official opening of the Bristol Line

As is always the way you can rely on your colleague to take a silly photo - the legendary Wessex giant (he was probably the bloke from Cerne Abbas) carefully treading through the landscape (don't worry, no crops were damaged in the photoshopping of this image.

AY_Vale_sm.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

As is always the way you can rely on your colleague to take a silly photo - the legendary Wessex giant (he was probably the bloke from Cerne Abbas) carefully treading through the landscape (don't worry, no crops were damaged in the photoshopping of this image.

attachicon.gifAY_Vale_sm.jpg

I can see the resemblance. . . to either. . .

post-4738-0-66635700-1530181574.jpg

Just what is that gripped in your left hand. 

• RMweb Gold

Is the Wessex Giant on permanent display to be seen all summer, or only brought out on special running days, due to the age and fragility of the exhibit?

?

Rarely used due to the corona effect of reflected light blinding the viewers!

Mike.

Is the scissors ceremony photo shopped as well?

Yes, as there was an open void for the ceremony with chairs which was cleaned up. No BBC experts were amputated in obtaining the image.

PA_original.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

I hope so, couldn't see anybody voluntarily wearing a jacket like that!

Mike.

If you happened to be round our part of the world next week you'll see plenty of gentlemen wearing blazers which will make that jacket look positively dull.

PS have Pendon now got the signals working correctly at the junction?

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 3

I really ought to pop down there. It always inspires.

Mike.

I actually quite like it, although I'll admit that my sartorial taste can be questionable...

• RMweb Gold

I actually quite like it, although I'll admit that my sartorial taste can be questionable...

So do l. Shades of the regatta!

• Like 1

Does this mean all the display cases, around the Vale scene, are now empty of locos and rolling stock?

No; there's still a lot to see in the cases plus there's a special exhibit room at the moment with the history of finescale modelling with some great exhibits - https://pendonmuseum.com/events/event.php?s=british-4mm-fine-scale-railway-modelling

• RMweb Gold

So do l. Shades of the regatta!

In the words of Bertie Wooster, it's a tad sudden for me!

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mike.

Oi...I’ve got a jacket like that!

I think it’s very appropriate to wear a stripped blazer this time of year with Henley Royal just up the road ;)

Griff

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

have Pendon now got the signals working correctly at the junction?

Normally, yes, although there is a poor "off" on the Oxford line directing signal at the moment, and the down inner home is oou (fixed at danger) until someone can squeeze under and mend it.

However, Murphy's law says that when someone takes a photo, the manoeuvres to set it up mean that the signals will have got out of sync.

Stuart

A question that may be asking the obvious, but having never visited Pendon (it's on the list though), does this new Bristol line feature landmarks from the area between the Vale of White Horse and Bristol?

Jo

• RMweb Gold

A question that may be asking the obvious, but having never visited Pendon (it's on the list though), does this new Bristol line feature landmarks from the area between the Vale of White Horse and Bristol?

Jo

No 'fraid not. The Vale scene is firmly set in the Vale

To pick up on Andy's earlier comment that Wednesdays are a good day to visit Pendon with the children / grandchildren for the Junior drop-in modelling sessions.  These only take place during school holiday's (for obvious reasons). The modelling team are usually very busy from opening at 11am until around 1pm when it then tends to get a bit quieter. Best to be there when the doors open and bring them straight upstairs to the workshop room or leave it until after lunch.

Can't work out whether its a recycled deck chair or a humbug wrapper???  Probably a good time to admit that I also possess something vaguely similar...  :O I even wear it occasionally. 

Best wishes,

Paul