Farish Rail Blue Class 37's and Buffer Shrouds...

John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

Hello

Have Farish ever released any banger blue Class 37's with cut buffer beams, i.e. without the as built shrouds?  I have lots of candidates for renumbering and/or repainting 37/0's but keep finding that the chosen subject has lost its shrouds whilst all the Farish donors I have found retain them.

Has anyone successfully converted one from shrouds to non-shrouds perhaps?

They've certainly done at least one run, 371-465 of 37 254 if I recall which was a centre headcode machine, I don't remember them doing a split box version. Its been a long while since they were done though, as much as 7-8 years perhaps.

• RMweb Premium

They've certainly done at least one run, 371-465 of 37 254 if I recall which was a centre headcode machine, I don't remember them doing a split box version. Its been a long while since they were done though, as much as 7-8 years perhaps.

The split box version of 37027 for TMC did, but this was large logo.

Dave

• RMweb Premium

That headlight fitting is a bit of an issue if you want in my case an Eastfield white stripe splitbox or a boiler fitted centre headcode large logo.

Fortunately I have managed to identify a Large Logo centre headcode one that still had its buffer shrouds on.

Edited by John M Upton