DJModels - Companies House strike-off notification content

PMP

• RMweb Premium

Hi Colin,

It's slightly complicated, but involved PayPal being suspicious of so much money going into my account, in quite large sums, and basically blocking the account for payments in and out except refunds. My business account was fine taking circa £50 to £150 at shows with the odd higher number thrown in, but it peaked their computers interest once those amounts went a lot higher.

Having taken almost a month to get to speak to a lovely Irish lady who was very helpful, it transpired that no one in the 'chain' on previous mails and phone calls could get to the bottom of the situation.

So their suspicions centred around possible money laundering etc. They will allow me to refund all those crowdfunded APT deposits, but not to actually use the monies in there. I have no idea how they will then restore my paypal business account, but hey ho, that's not something i need to bother about at this minute in time.

If some drop out, and it's quite possible, then i'll cross that bridge, but i would hope that everyone can see what's happening regards progress and stick with it, as things should get quicker in the oncoming weeks.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Dave

It does sound complicated and peculiar, bearing in mind the ease with which most people and organisations have using paypal. Idly wondering why PP might take that approach I had a quick look on your companies house listings and was very surprised to see this initial action for a compulsory strike off,(linked below). I read it (possibly incorrectly) as being official wheels are in motion to dissolve DJ Models as they are unaware DJM is still actively trading.

https://document-api-images-prod.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docs/TSwlh9E8ar9-eBlKaT22vkWfvWDQR46xIDeiO9lyefc/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Content-Sha256=UNSIGNED-PAYLOAD&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAIOZKKVEM7KRJPO4A%2F20180629%2Feu-west-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20180629T230859Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=FQoDYXdzEPj%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEaDOYVO2ch2yshpWMyDiK3AxEK843As3MmKxaBigvZWp9jAPGOAVsd1O4oItlXKCKxHaToPHVGXeUDh1ptG5MgZ00%2FM6Zo1G4R059BTPonlOvGoVu%2BJPlPG5JXvdytPu3FlNQKxUispHgX0RQuNYTuwMKfJH8OkZfErHYXBUXGuaPpRgpWLSGoUIg%2FBJ1MOrsuhNpjexRXWJru09tDfX5F%2BefdsWldQBTUVuML7B4XB9zQW9Jkp2eX2QZHsgV%2FwU1vR2ziwOIRfbS1Yrv99PCXScCCn2gXT1p2KG7o%2BfYhGMAW1jPFmeNxBnyDxKF51j3fAGB9E1wonuFvOgoNEe7yr9nKnKnoiVDPln3og97N16%2BH77wd%2FiTEgc0KImOSa903vJ96st4q9A1PWBmbuad2JitXuniU8KcIgLlKe0Qbb4%2BKSgCVlQxOCIb7VYh6d7%2F5YTL6MBBCX5fhEp11CYv%2F28dJjjV7TyiZl%2F7kmhOS5g4VjfDuKA%2FUq3YOh4k%2BPjt269m%2FhUJxbEo9t9QaAoPvtlxkelFN%2BcczvDs45qJIHE25%2FNNTVLILe%2BglFKEzwnpg2mxxikcblUaGYxpNQTFGDIt%2FYEf8qiIoiOPa2QU%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=c988e38ecf20fbd0bbc7e62fb44c1f7b507853337092c0f3394ceabde3acc6e9

If that's the case and PP have also checked the Companies House pages this might well explain PP's action above. Contacting Companies House ASAP to advise them you are still trading would likely be a good course of action to get these issues resolved.

It does sound complicated and peculiar, bearing in mind the ease with which most people and organisations have using paypal. Idly wondering why PP might take that approach I had a quick look on your companies house listings and was very surprised to see this initial action for a compulsory strike off,(linked below). I read it (possibly incorrectly) as being official wheels are in motion to dissolve DJ Models as they are unaware DJM is still actively trading.

https://document-api-images-prod.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docs/TSwlh9E8ar9-eBlKaT22vkWfvWDQR46xIDeiO9lyefc/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Content-Sha256=UNSIGNED-PAYLOAD&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAIOZKKVEM7KRJPO4A%2F20180629%2Feu-west-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20180629T230859Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=FQoDYXdzEPj%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEaDOYVO2ch2yshpWMyDiK3AxEK843As3MmKxaBigvZWp9jAPGOAVsd1O4oItlXKCKxHaToPHVGXeUDh1ptG5MgZ00%2FM6Zo1G4R059BTPonlOvGoVu%2BJPlPG5JXvdytPu3FlNQKxUispHgX0RQuNYTuwMKfJH8OkZfErHYXBUXGuaPpRgpWLSGoUIg%2FBJ1MOrsuhNpjexRXWJru09tDfX5F%2BefdsWldQBTUVuML7B4XB9zQW9Jkp2eX2QZHsgV%2FwU1vR2ziwOIRfbS1Yrv99PCXScCCn2gXT1p2KG7o%2BfYhGMAW1jPFmeNxBnyDxKF51j3fAGB9E1wonuFvOgoNEe7yr9nKnKnoiVDPln3og97N16%2BH77wd%2FiTEgc0KImOSa903vJ96st4q9A1PWBmbuad2JitXuniU8KcIgLlKe0Qbb4%2BKSgCVlQxOCIb7VYh6d7%2F5YTL6MBBCX5fhEp11CYv%2F28dJjjV7TyiZl%2F7kmhOS5g4VjfDuKA%2FUq3YOh4k%2BPjt269m%2FhUJxbEo9t9QaAoPvtlxkelFN%2BcczvDs45qJIHE25%2FNNTVLILe%2BglFKEzwnpg2mxxikcblUaGYxpNQTFGDIt%2FYEf8qiIoiOPa2QU%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=c988e38ecf20fbd0bbc7e62fb44c1f7b507853337092c0f3394ceabde3acc6e9

If that's the case and PP have also checked the Companies House pages this might well explain PP's action above. Contacting Companies House ASAP to advise them you are still trading would likely be a good course of action to get these issues resolved.

It's expired, so can't read it.

Rich,

The link you posted is missing a digit : https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08601496

This is indeed quite worrying. The document suggests that DJ Models will be struck off as a company within two months!

Guy

Hi everyone,

Due to yearly accounts going in late to Companys House for the period , end July 2017, they have put this as a sort of threat for me to get those done.

The accounts should be formalised and back in shape with C.H. over this weekend.

It will be twice ive missed the dates in 2 years running, so this is really just a 'shot across the bow' for DJM to get its house in order.

It has nothing to do with PayPal or DJM's finances, merely myself taking my eye off the ball.

Hope this helps clarify things.

cheers

Dave

Just as an addition,

i have just received the filing as a hard copy via the post.

no reason given, but as explained above i'd think it would be for the late filing than anything else. Although i do so wish they would elaborate more, 'just in case' i'm missing something.

Hi everyone,

Due to yearly accounts going in late to Companys House for the period , end July 2017, they have put this as a sort of threat for me to get those done.

The accounts should be formalised and back in shape with C.H. over this weekend.

It will be twice ive missed the dates in 2 years running, so this is really just a 'shot across the bow' for DJM to get its house in order.

It has nothing to do with PayPal or DJM's finances, merely myself taking my eye off the ball.

Hope this helps clarify things.

cheers

Dave

Its not really a threat when you've admitted yourself that you've been late 2 years running. Maybe time spent sorting your own finances would be better than making comments on how Hornby should sort theirs?

Perhaps a new crowdfunder for an accountant?

Just to push this further on, and not get off thread totally, i've just spoken to the accountant (yes on a Saturday) and the info required by HMRC will be filed today, possibly by mid afternoon, so i expect that depending on how their system works it will show the submission today (maybe automatically) or Monday afternoon at the latest when a human being looks at the submission.

No doubt the 'usual suspects' will not post that "all is now well"  but i will once i know.

cheers

Dave

I don't think it's up to the 'usual suspects' Dave - a statement from you is what was required and should be enough to restore confidence that any money they might invest is (within the rules and reason) secure.  I've no doubt anyone investing in this has had an elevated heart rate this morning.

Just to push this further on, and not get off thread totally, i've just spoken to the accountant (yes on a Saturday) and the info required by HMRC will be filed today, possibly by mid afternoon, so i expect that depending on how their system works it will show the submission today (maybe automatically) or Monday afternoon at the latest when a human being looks at the submission.

No doubt the 'usual suspects' will not post that "all is now well"  but i will once i know.

cheers

Dave

Looking forward to an announcement then.

cheers

Dave

Dave, your accountant hopefully is aware that you have to file your accounts with Companies House - this is where your notice of being struck off has come from.  It is nothing to do with HMRC.  I am surprised your accountant had not warned you that you were so overdue, or that the strike off notice had been raised as you would have had two warnings about this prior to the first gazette for compulsory strike off being issued.  Your accountant would usually deal with all of this to prevent this sort of situation arising?

Dave, your accountant hopefully is aware that you have to file your accounts with Companies House - this is where your notice of being struck off has come from.  It is nothing to do with HMRC.  I am surprised your accountant had not warned you that you were so overdue, or that the strike off notice had been raised as you would have had two warnings about this prior to the first gazette for compulsory strike off being issued.  Your accountant would usually deal with all of this to prevent this sort of situation arising?

I know nothing about business so please excuse my innocent question - if the accountant is being paid by Dave to look after DJM's accounts, I am assuming it would in the accountant's own interests to keep being paid by Dave, and would therefore ensure Dave was current with his financial business activities. 

fingers crossed there is a positive outcome from this and DJM / DToS customers are not disappointedly left out of pocket.

Hi mate,

forgive me if i dont wash that particular item in public. and yes she was, but it was my fault for not supplying her with this info.

like i said, my fault.

I have to say, I have never met Dave, but the overriding impression created reading these comments and conversations with trade friends gives an impression of an extremely haphazard lacadaisacal approach to business and all of the 'behind the scenes' stuff. I wouldn't feel confident in parting with any hard earned until product was available to see and purchase. Good luck, you're going to need it.

Edited by blueeighties

I have to say, I have never met Dave, but the overriding impression created reading these comments and conversations with trade friends gives an impression of an extremely haphazard lacadaisacal approach to business and all of the 'behind the scenes' stuff. I wouldn't feel confident in parting with any hard earned until product was available to see and purchase. Good luck, you're going to need it.

I totally agree Lee and have heard much the same. I was after a few items but will wait and see if they turn up first before taking the risk

Yes, imagine if this was Hornby missing even one filing date, let alone getting a notification of strike-off.

I'm sure it would of run into pages in the double figures by now if this was Hornby!

• RMweb Premium

Is anyone not seeing red flags here ?

Yes. Put simply, best case is a company that can't manage its accounts. Would you effectively act as a lender to fund product development for a company that has failed to keep on top of its accounts?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure it would of run into pages in the double figures by now if this was Hornby!

By the ‘usual suspects’ no doubt.

Ah, but in the case of Hornby such comments would be based on the figures.  The problem here would seem to be that there weren't any figures provided to whom they should have been provided at the appropriate time.  Indeed in one place on the 'net there is a Companies House notice which notes the late submission of figures in bold red type in relation to the issue of the gazette notice so it could be read that the notice is a consequence of failing to submit the numbers on time (although surely the two previous letters would have made that clear?).

Yes. Put simply, best case is a company that can't manage its accounts. Would you effectively act as a lender to fund product development for a company that has failed to keep on top of its accounts?

Perhaps Dave is a “brilliant” product designer but “not so good” with the finances / admin. If I lived in the UK maybe I could offer to assist not that I’m brilliant at either

To be honest - running a business is not easy.  Dave passing these details on is quite possibly a little embarrasing for him too, but at least he his being honest.

If again, I am being totally honest - Organisation is a key art in running a successful business, and whilst I am sure that Dave is doing his best, and is good at at the creation of models - most deadlines/timescales appear to come and go.  We all have weaknesses - but we have to work to our strong points and address our weaknesses.  So what I am saying is Dave, you need either some form of Help, if organizing is not your strongest point, or you need to focus and pay some attention in to how you organize your business affairs, to ensure you meet deadlines.  

Meant in the nicest possible way,

Best Regards,

C.

• Like 1

I ordered 2 APTs on Friday and then read this thread. In consequence I contacted the company I ordered it off (Durham Trains of Stanley) questioning the situation.

I received a very fast reply from a company representative (which I have posted below).  This reply and some additional research suggests this is a common occurrence in many companies. Unfortunately for DJMODELS, Dave still carries a certain amount the tarnish acquired by his former employers and their business model being the major factor in his starting DJM.

Since then Dave has produced numerous exceptional models in terms of quality and accuracy and have won multiple awards. The rancor held by certain companies, has encouraged amplification of every single minor discrepancy that DJmodels in all innocence have fallen into. 

DJMODELS have proven them wrong time and time again.  I say do as I have and place your orders in a SAFE pair of hands.

Email explanation from Durham Trains of Stanley:

Hi John
Thanks for your email. The reason for the pay-pal being frozen is that they were accusing dave as there was so much money going in then out ie to pay for scanning. So Dave Jones has spoke with lloyds explaining what's happened and are happy to open an account were future payments are paid into but takes time to link it with Daves site which i know he is rebuilding in order to take future payments. As regards the first payment Dave will send out the invoices as soon as possible and rest assured there is not a problem with the future of the APT-P if there was i would hope Dave Jones would let me know.