• RMweb Gold

Not sure if i can justify having any as I don't think they ever worked down as far as my part of the world, although having seen the 4mm one I think I may invoke rule one for at least one! - and I also echo the comments about 21t hoppers.

But can I ask will you making the buffers available separately as you do in 4mm?

I hope so and if you do I would take at least 10 sets of oleo Buffers.

Go on 101, treat yourself! It's only one.... :)

We wont be doing the accessory packs of buffers with this I'm afraid as it was viable with this project. We will see what we can do in the future though.

The good news is that we will have a pre-production sample of the hopper in the next few weeks. :) 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Fran,

Any news on the delivery date for these - I know December was specified, but I think you were half hoping it may get a little earlier, perhaps late November??

Rich

Hi Rich!

We’re due a pre production sample in the next couple of weeks. If that’s all tip-top then we have a great chance getting them well before December (touch wood!). When we know more I’ll post it here and let you all know.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

post-7114-0-54584800-1544196857_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

Firstly, sincerest apologies for taking so long to get pictures of the pre-production sample to you. We received it in mid October and had displayed it at GETS and Warley, but to be honest we see several areas which need vast improvement. We have been sorting this with the factory, and even received some invaluable input and help from Gauge O Guild members at Warley, to whom we are eternally grateful. 

These improvements are now being undertaken by the factory and the wagons have been delayed by 8 weeks. We have a full update and photos of the sample here which you can look at, and I will be happy to answer any questions. https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/7mm-huo-update-and-sample-preview

We want this to be the very best it can be, and we will make sure it will be a top notch wagon.

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 6

attachicon.gif HUO 7mm Sample 1.jpg

Hi everyone,

Firstly, sincerest apologies for taking so long to get pictures of the pre-production sample to you. We received it in mid October and had displayed it at GETS and Warley, but to be honest we see several areas which need vast improvement. We have been sorting this with the factory, and even received some invaluable input and help from Gauge O Guild members at Warley, to whom we are eternally grateful. 

These improvements are now being undertaken by the factory and the wagons have been delayed by 8 weeks. We have a full update and photos of the sample here which you can look at, and I will be happy to answer any questions. https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/7mm-huo-update-and-sample-preview

We want this to be the very best it can be, and we will make sure it will be a top notch wagon.

Cheers,

Fran

Thank you for the update - great to see you refining the model etc

I could be wrong as it is difficult to fully see from photographs but I always keep thinking the main vertical stanchions/supports on the side of your wagon look a bit on the thick side??

I have one again tonight compared your model to photographs and I still keep thinking the same??

It would be interesting to hear your comments on this.

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for the update - great to see you refining the model etc

I could be wrong as it is difficult to fully see from photographs but I always keep thinking the main vertical stanchions/supports on the side of your wagon look a bit on the thick side??

I have one again tonight compared your model to photographs and I still keep thinking the same??

It would be interesting to hear your comments on this.

Correct Deltic 17, it's another area getting amended!

Cheers!

Fran

Correct Deltic 17, it's another area getting amended!

Cheers!

Fran

That is great and excellent that you listen to feedback and enhance the model which in the long run will increase sales

I will certainly buy 2-3 of these now - those thick stanchions were the only thing putting me off somewhat....

Always better to take a bit longer and get it spot on in 7mm as it better for everyone in the long run.....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We have been reviewing a decorated sample of the 7mm HUO which features the requested improvements and are happy to report that things are looking a lot better! Production is well underway and we are pushing for delivery ahead of the Chinese New Year break in a few weeks time. You know us, we like to move fast!

post-7114-0-28290200-1547481076_thumb.jpg

Please note that this is a somewhat hastily assembled sample, fit and finish will be a lot better on the production models.  We think they look pretty good!

You can see more pics and read about them here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/decorated-7mm-huo-arrives

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

I took this to my club last night for a spin and it looked lovely running around one of the O gauge layouts with the compensation getting a good work out! Here's a quick video of it in action

A few pics too...

post-7114-0-22065100-1547745690_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-71068300-1547745704_thumb.jpg

Production of these wagons is at a very advanced stage and they are due into stock in very early February. More info here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/24-5t-huo-coal-hopper-o-gauge

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by 071
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Did you modify the thickness of the side stanchions as promised? - hard to tell exactly but they still look the same thickness as on the previous sample to me from the photos??

Hi there,

Yes we have, the thickness has been reduced to scale size.

Cheers!

Fran

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

As you may know we've had rather a quiet week so far! However, it's about to get a bit busier now our O HUOs are in stock! We think they've turned out very nice indeed, but we are a tad biased! 

As you know, we are doing 4 pre TOPS and 4 TOPS, and they are pictured below in order between A and H. Wagons A-D are pre TOPS, while E-H are TOPS.

832756821_HUOA.jpg.170b932b9302920461baa3aea857b10c.jpg

833923106_HUOB.JPG.2ff80d5ccce7370830cffc5795a5dd50.JPG

39094457_HUOC.jpg.19248accd36c27eb53e01721a7a690d5.jpg

728233070_HUOD.jpg.02174db7f393def51bb48fcfcc036ef6.jpg

1236985599_HUOE.jpg.3407e8dd65d2d0dcac25bb352e4581dc.jpg

1379807528_HUOF.JPG.119c85d38265987caa7bfdfb11561208.JPG

228266188_HUOG.jpg.99c94395d00d8390b7bd02d00de51548.jpg

845968174_HUOH.jpg.7c18e93dceb3ba1aa44a3d488a5dec7b.jpg

More info including video f them in action available here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/o-gauge-hoppers-now-in-stock 

We are also doing packs of sprung self contained buffers too (With baseplates!) in 7mm as an accessory pack: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/buffers-o

Both wagons and accessories are only available direct from Accurascale. You can order online or buy on our stand at shows such as Model Rail Scotland next weekend or Ally Pally in March.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, bazil31 said:

Hoping to pick a tops one up at Ally Pally

I rather like F

Baz

Hi Baz,

We will have some there with us, so drop by the stand for a look!

9 minutes ago, ollieollieollie said:

They Look superb.  I'll be getting my wallet out in the morning for a full rake of 8. 

Music to my ears, I wont lie! And I dont think you will be disappointed either...

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, south_tyne said:

Fran,

Pleased to see these wagons come to fruition. They look stunning! You just be delighted with the finished product. 

David

Hi David,

They have turned out really nice and we sure are proud of them! Hopefully the gondown well and we can start building a range in O Gauge.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

On 17/02/2019 at 11:15, 071 said:

Hi David,

They have turned out really nice and we sure are proud of them! Hopefully the gondown well and we can start building a range in O Gauge.

Cheers!

Fran

Glad you are pleased, they look smashing. In an ideal world, I would love to see a 21t hopper next! 

• Like 2