Source of 7mm loco extras, oil cans, fire irons lamps etc?

Just been browsing the DJH Modelloco website. They used to do quite a decent range of two sets of fire-irons, large and small, loads of different loco lamps, and one with tools, large and small oil cans, paraffin cans billy cans, buckets etc, all nicely cast in brass.

They seem now to do the larger fire-irons and ONE lamp, the early LNER one. :scratchhead:

They also say they have no plans to re-introduce any of the now-missing items.

So, as usual, I've missed the boat on this one. Does anyone know of any other source for 7mm steam loco accessories?

• RMweb Gold

PRComponents  do 7mm GWR fire irons and tools

Actually he has had website problems so easier to find website under Peteroles

John

Edited by ROSSPOP
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Ixion did sets of plastic fire-irons etc with their Hudswell Clarke loco and Tower Models sold them separately. Possibly the same as the Minerva ones. Dragon Models or Chris Klein will know if still available.

Dava

Ixion did sets of plastic fire-irons etc with their Hudswell Clarke loco and Tower Models sold them separately. Possibly the same as the Minerva ones. Dragon Models or Chris Klein will know if still available.

Dava

Ixion's O gauge locos are sold out. I have a few sets of loco tools and fireirons. Send a PM for more info. Minerva buckets with working buckets are six for £5 and available on the website www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Fire irons can be fettled with pliers from brass wire. Shovels can be formed from annealed copper shim, soldered to a wire handle. There was an article in MRJ years back about making buckets (and a tin bath, I believe) from tinfoil and superglue. Shunters poles from sanded down cocktail stick & wire.

It’s all rather fun.

Best

Simon

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 09/07/2018 at 16:15, ROSSPOP said:

Actually he has had website problems so easier to find website under Peteroles

I'm struggling to find any reference to prc online despite having bought from them not that long ago 

Is he still trading?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

I'm struggling to find any reference to prc online despite having bought from them not that long ago 

Is he still trading?

Copied below from the Traders list on the Gauge O Guild site

Peter Roles
39 Tattynagole Road
OMAGH
County Tyrone
United Kingdom
BT79 7TT

Contact Details

02882 252107
07525 498980

Email: roles.pete@googlemail.com