Loksound 4 XL and stay alive

Sug@rP@lm

Is it possible to add capacitors to a Loksound 4XL? I know that the manual informs us that it is 'neither desirable nor necessary', but as it happens, I do need to add capacitors.  Zimo 699 have a connection, but not the Loksound.  I realise that it would invalidate warranty etc etc, but I'm happy to solder to pads if there is a way. 

Bill

Is it possible to add capacitors to a Loksound 4XL? I know that the manual informs us that it is 'neither desirable nor necessary', but as it happens, I do need to add capacitors.  Zimo 699 have a connection, but not the Loksound.  I realise that it would invalidate warranty etc etc, but I'm happy to solder to pads if there is a way. 

Bill

The 4XL already comes with capacitors installed and they are more than adequate.

Norman

The 4XL already comes with capacitors installed and they are more than adequate.

Norman

Just to confirm the user manual (always a good idea to read and fully understand) describes the 4XL as having an integrated powerpack.so no need for addational capacitors.

Norman

Just to confirm the user manual (always a good idea to read and fully understand) describes the 4XL as having an integrated powerpack.so no need for addational capacitors.

Norman

As I wrote originally, I do know that the manual informs us that it is 'neither desirable nor necessary' to add capacitors and I have probably read every word of the manual at some point and I may even have understood it all. However you can do so with a similarly equipped Zimo 695 699 as it happens. Thanks.

As I wrote originally, I do know that the manual informs us that it is 'neither desirable nor necessary' to add capacitors and I have probably read every word of the manual at some point and I may even have understood it all. However you can do so with a similarly equipped Zimo 695 699 as it happens. Thanks.

Yes but the Zimo does not have stay alive capacitors already installed so they provide connections to add capacitors whereass the 4XL already has capacitors which do a great job of stay alive.

Norman