Bonding Peco code 100 3 way point.

sb67

I'm going to use a Peco Code 100 3 way point on my layout and want to know how do I bond the stock rails in order to not have to rely on the point blade contact. I've done it on basic left and right hand points but cant find any instructions on how to do it on the 3 way one. I cant also see which connections to break on the underside of the point. Has anybody else done it? 

Steve.

I was wondering the same thing when I laid some of these points. However, I came to the conclusion that they are very different from normal Electrofrog points and that it was not possible to do. However, I have encountered no running problems so far but I make a point (no pun intended) of cleaning the blades from time to time.

I will be interested to hear if anyone else has an answer.

• RMweb Gold

No breaks to make, but there's how I wired up mine on Summat Colliery - I did the switch to stock bonds after the point had been fixed down, but if you can do it from underneath it would be neater 😉

3way_wiring.JPG.208cdb50618c101b9e5fa6648b4b8a8c.JPG

Edited by RedgateModels

oops, sorry, just read your topic, I think the code 100 one is different to the 75 ......

No worries, they are different and I cant see an easy way to do it. Thanks for the diagram though that has got me thinking. So the code 75 3 way points are not like normal L & R electrofrog where you break a conection to the frog under the point.

Steve.