Bachmann Farish Mk1 bogie

Gremlin

Somehow, I have lost the bogie/wheelset/couple from a Bachmann/Farish Mk1 carriage - 374-010B.  Trying to find a replacement but Peters and others only seem to have the "old" Farish spares.  Suggestions where I can get replacements for the new ones?

• RMweb Premium

Not sure what you are missing the coupling is part of the underframe not the bogie. Do you mean the pin that holds the bogie on to the underframe?

The pins are available as one of the few spares that Farish supply, the wheelsets are also available from most Farish stockists.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/23580/Graham_Farish_379_412_Axles_with_coach_wheels_Pack_of_10/StockDetail.aspx

Edited by acg5324

I mean that the whole bogie with the wheels, coupler (its attached to the bogie) and pin have all - vanished.  I have a carriage with nothing at one end!

[EDIT]

I see the coupler is attached to the underframe; I guess when the bogie departed, the coupler then just fell off :(

Edited by Gremlin

• RMweb Premium

Weirdly the bogies are not available separately. Your best bet is, silly as it sounds, is to buy any suitable new coach that is at a cheap price.

Edited by acg5324

Weirdly the bogies are not available separately. Your best bet is, silly as it sounds, is to buy any suitable new coach that is at a cheap price.

Well, that is a pain :(  They are somewhat expensive in Australia :(

If it fell off in your home, assuming you don't take it outside, then it must be still in your home (unless it has been swept up and thrown out with the rubbish or eaten by the dog). So another thorough search might be your best and cheapest option, and provide an opportunity to find all those other modelling bits that have fallen off or pinged away that you are not yet aware of.

;-)

G

Yep, it's a shame Bachmann don't supply N gauge bogies but there are some available separately from other suppliers that you could perhaps buy and use - like commonwealth type. Or even a cheap secondhand early Farish Mk1 coach with B4 bogies (better and more accurate than their early B1s) and replace both. You might need to do a little fiddling/modelling to ensure couplers are okay/accommodated.

G

• RMweb Premium

A B4 on a crimson/cream Mk1 SO in the 1950's might look a little odd though.  I have a pile of cannibalised Mk1's, I'll see if I have got the right bits going spare.

• RMweb Premium

Dug through my box of Farish Mk1 bits, is this what you after, a B1 bogie with wheels and a securing pin:

post-6910-0-20805700-1532269865_thumb.jpg

If so it's yours for the cost of the postage, I've got quite a few of them.

Edited by John M Upton

Dug through my box of Farish Mk1 bits, is this what you after, a B1 bogie with wheels and a securing pin:

attachicon.gif20180722_152850.jpg

That appears to be the one...but I would also need the coupler that attached to the underframe, if you have one?

That appears to be the one...but I would also need the coupler that attached to the underframe, if you have one?

The coupling would have been a clip fit onto a spring loaded cam.  If it is just the coupling part you have lost, you should be able to replace it with a clip fit coupling from any Stanier, Hawkesworth, Bullied or MK1 coach.

attachicon.gif20180722_152850.jpg

Hi John

Long story but I had a MK1 escape from my stock box and it lost both bogies and pins in a dark car park, I tried Bachmann for replacements to no avail so if you do have any of the ones pictured and locating pins left please can you PM me.

Best wishes 

Roy

If it fell off in your home, assuming you don't take it outside, then it must be still in your home (unless it has been swept up and thrown out with the rubbish or eaten by the dog). So another thorough search might be your best and cheapest option, and provide an opportunity to find all those other modelling bits that have fallen off or pinged away that you are not yet aware of.

;-)

G

This is always worth doing, it seldom turns up what you are looking for. just three other items. Combine it with a tidyup and the wife will also be pleased.

Chris 

• 2 weeks later...

Try contacting Bachmann directly.

I've tried this, got a Bulleid coach off eBay, missing a handrail and I enquired whether I could get Commonwealth bogies separately to help with modifying a coach to represent the NRM's support coach 99953.

They don't do spares for coaches, locos only it seems.

• Agree 1

I've tried this, got a Bulleid coach off eBay, missing a handrail and I enquired whether I could get Commonwealth bogies separately to help with modifying a coach to represent the NRM's support coach 99953.

They don't do spares for coaches, locos only it seems.

I always look for second hand coaches to cannibalize, often the only way to get spare parts.

• Agree 1

• 1 year later...
On 22/07/2018 at 15:31, John M Upton said:

post-6910-0-20805700-1532269865_thumb.jpg

Picking up this old thread, does anyone have a spare current production style Mk1 bogie and securing pin available to buy please?  I have a Blue Riband CK (374-256) missing a bogie and pin.