Web site help required

DJM Dave

Glad to see the Website up and running Dave....always a few teething problems on start up I'm sure that they will be ironed out and you can breath a sigh of relief!

The Shark looks nice, if the Rapido couplings weren't there, in the photo, with the finesse to roof, ploughs and separate handrails it would be hard to scale the model, which is always a good sign.

AFAICT there will be an order or two for those and a King.

Atvb

CME

(BTW I did note the anti Christian vibe from some).

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

If you are unable to view the new website, it is likely to be your service provider (Broadband supplier) not updating their name server frequently enough. It can take several days for all the name servers in the world to catch up with all the new, or moved, websites.

I can access the new webserver from work, but our work's connection to the Internet is in Prague (I get lots of adverts in Czech because websites think I live there). When I open the DJM website, I get the following error:

Notice: Undefined index: country in /var/www/web/app/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-wc-geolite-integration.php on line 60

I also get a huge blow up of a small part of the APT picture, but the rest of the website seems OK.

I am somewhat surprised as the site itself is well referenced. I took someone else's PC googled DJ models, and it was the first thing that popped up meaning the site is well referenced. Had it been then YouTube, this forum and various models going out with DJs would have been there before getting to Dave Jones site.

It is possible I suppose that Dave's own internet provider is rubbish meaning he does not see his site, his mails etc, until several days after the changes were made, sent etc.

I am somewhat surprised as the site itself is well referenced. I took someone else's PC googled DJ models, and it was the first thing that popped up meaning the site is well referenced. Had it been then YouTube, this forum and various models going out with DJs would have been there before getting to Dave Jones site.

It is possible I suppose that Dave's own internet provider is rubbish meaning he does not see his site, his mails etc, until several days after the changes were made, sent etc.

Propagation is taking a while, that's for sure.

Just checked on this laptop using Google, the home page IP, Bing and Yahoo,plus Safari on my i pad and its still not coming through despite copious amounts of pressing F5 with control time and again. Blinking Sky internet!

Thank goodness some of you can see it and report the problems here for me, so i can get them looked at.

Thanks again for that chaps, by the way.

Dave

Hi mate

someone (thank you mate) said i should try turning the router off and back on in a minute or 2 later it might work, and i'm now it!!!

Yaaaay, thanks everyone, really appreciate your help.

cheers

Dave

• Like 4

Hi everyone,

I am aware that i may have been over the top in my defending of my position earlier with regards to the mails back and forth here with Barry, proprietor of  Widnes Model Centre (a great shop by the way and totally recommended), what with everything else going on, i can say that i didn't handle what i perceived at the time to be confusing messages back and forth very well indeed.

I wouldn't want to hurt or upset a valued member of the much valued model shop fraternity, and hope you all will accept my mea culpa, and that Barry will accept my apology in the spirit of going forward.

cheers

Dave

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I am aware that i may have been over the top in my defending of my position earlier with regards to the mails back and forth here with Barry, proprietor of  Widnes Model Centre (a great shop by the way and totally recommended), what with everything else going on, i can say that i didn't handle what i perceived at the time to be confusing messages back and forth very well indeed.

I wouldn't want to hurt or upset a valued member of the much valued model shop fraternity, and hope you all will accept my mea culpa, and that Barry will accept my apology in the spirit of going forward.

cheers

Dave

Many thanks Dave, I certainly accept your apology and wish you well.

Regards

Barry

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Just a heads up for anyone trying to order, I see DJM have posted an update on the various pages, but also stated that there remains an issue with payments - see http://djmodels.co.uk/update-on-pre-ordering-our-models/

Might be worth holding off for a day or two until they can sort that one out, as it will minimise the number of people they need to contact!  Been there, and had to do it in the past :)

Rich

Hi Michael,

I am sure Dave will reply in terms of pre-ordering the model, but the account is created when you place an order I think, looking at the site - its part of the checkout process.

Edit, nice clean site btw Dave!

Rich

Thanks, Rich. That makes sense, provided you can actually order what you want! I'll keep looking, and in the meantime hope for some clarification from Dave.

- Michael

Just a heads up for anyone trying to order, I see DJM have posted an update on the various pages, but also stated that there remains an issue with payments - see http://djmodels.co.uk/update-on-pre-ordering-our-models/

Might be worth holding off for a day or two until they can sort that one out, as it will minimise the number of people they need to contact!  Been there, and had to do it in the past :)

Rich

Probably should've tried again before responding to your earlier post! I can do everything except finalise the order, as suggested in Dave's earlier post.

Incidentally, I'm quite impressed that the system adapts the address fields to suit the country you are ordering from, though it's not 100% clear about telephone number formatting.

- Michael

Is the Q6 in OO back again? the site thinks so.

Dave has acknowledge that the product range needs cleaning on the site so that it is up to date and representative of his current range plans. IMHO The site seems to have gone live with test data rather than real data and we will need to give him some time to sort it out. I guess first priorities are ensuring the APT, King and class 92 are there and accurate, so those projects can advance. Then other items can be corrected.

Between this and the projects, he clearly has a fair amount of work on his hands at the moment. 

Dave has acknowledge that the product range needs cleaning on the site so that it is up to date and representative of his current range plans. IMHO The site seems to have gone live with test data rather than real data and we will need to give him some time to sort it out. I guess first priorities are ensuring the APT, King and class 92 are there and accurate, so those projects can advance. Then other items can be corrected.

Between this and the projects, he clearly has a fair amount of work on his hands at the moment. 

Ahem and the King in N.

The rest of the projects aren't important right now.

I'm not sure if this will help (or hinder), however I just tried to place an order and create a user account and received the following message at the top of the ordering page/form:

"We were unable to process your order.

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data"

However, I am then able to click on the 'My Account' tab at the top of the page and it does appear that my order was added onto the system and my account details created, however of course I was not redirected to any payment gateway so no payment/deposit has been completed.  Order status shows as 'Payment pending'.

cheers

Al

Edited by YesTor

I received the exact same error as YesTor and the results are the same.

Password reset form is bugged as well.

yes yes I have already forgotten my password.

Edited by Hyper Aus

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure if this will help (or hinder), however I just tried to place an order and create a user account and received the following message at the top of the ordering page/form:

However, I am then able to click on the 'My Account' tab at the top of the page and it does appear that my order was added onto the system and my account details created, however of course I was not redirected to any payment gateway so no payment/deposit has been completed.  Order status shows as 'Payment pending'.

cheers

Al

I received the exact same error as YesTor and the results are the same.

Yes, I've got the same error as both of you, but about 30 mins later I had an email from DJM saying their was a problem with the payment gateway, but that all the order details had been stored and they would be in touch shortly.  The email did go into my spam so it may be worth checking that.

Like YesTor, I logged in to MyAccount on getting that email and found that the order status was now showing 'On Hold' as per the email I received.

Not sure if the above helps anyone, but I from the message I received, we'll get an email from Dave in the next few days with details on how to pay.

Technology is great when it works, and a right pain in the *** when it doesn't! :)

Rich

• AY Mod locked this topic