Meet Accurascale This Thursday at The Model Railway Club, London

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

I know this is very, very short notice, but I will be doing a short talk and a meet and greet at the The Model Railway Club rooms at Keen House this Thursday evening (August 9th). The Model Railway Club have very kindly agreed to facilitate us for this event and are also throwing their doors open to the general public. It would be fantastic to meet you there and answer any questions you have about Accurascale, the industry and what we are all about (except 'what models are we doing next?' no dice on that one!)

We know it's short notice, but I just happen to find myself in London this week! I also heard a rumour about the club having a fully licenced bar??

Doors open from 7pm and the talk and Q&A begins at 8pm. I look forward to seeing you there for a chat!

(P.S - I will also be on the following railtour so if you cannot make Thursday and you are on the train on Saturday I'll be happy to chat too!)

More info: http://www.themodelrailwayclub.org/

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'll be there on Thursday evening, just booked my super dooper cheapie ticket for £18.00 return on SouthEastern High Speed - cheaper than the price of an accurascale wagon!! :declare:  :imsohappy:

Keith

By a whole 33p if you do the rake deal :)

Looking forward to meeting you finally, Keith! 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Would be good to put a face to the name!

I’m putting a massive logistical operation to this...

Daughter, 7 (and 3/4 - that part is VIP) is at Dance class in Epsom, till 6pm, Wife at HS2 offices in Birmingham till 6pm.

So..

I’ll head up as 5z00 to St Pancras, LIght Daddy +Kid support.

Arrange kid refuelling, followed by swapping with Wife, who is returning home 9M84 Glasgow (1820 Birmingham Intl) to Euston, for 1933...

Leaves me to be 0z00 to the model railway club in KX arriving just around 1959...

So I will be the last one, that everyone stares at as I fall through the door in a sweaty mess nudging you just as you open the box containing your pressflo sample.. that suddenly richoets Into the air and lands up right onto the desk at 8pm.

What could possibly go wrong ?

Question is do you charge delay minutes for tardy arrivals ?

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Daughter, 7 (and 3/4 - that part is VIP) is at Dance class in Epsom, till 6pm, Wife at HS2 offices in Birmingham till 6pm.

So..

Arrange kid refuelling, followed by swapping with Wife, who is returning home 9M84 Glasgow (1820 Birmingham Intl) to Euston, for 1933...

Leaves me to be 0z00 to the model railway club in KX arriving just around 1959...

So I will be the last one, that everyone stares at as I fall through the door in a sweaty mess nudging you just as you open the box containing your pressflo sample.. that suddenly richoets Into the air and lands up right onto the desk at 8pm.

No, we just hand out extra homework. “I must not be late for train talk” x 100... :)

Make sure you see me at the end of it for a proper introduction!

• RMweb Gold

No, we just hand out extra homework. “I must not be late for train talk” x 100... :)

Make sure you see me at the end of it for a proper introduction!

I can handle that, for a minute I thought you was going to charge me for a round.

So..

And I thought 20 minutes on the tube was putting in the extra effort to get to the club house, think you better just go straight to the bar on arrival!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well I have arrived safely in London despite Ryanair insisting we sit on the tarmac of Dublin airport for over an hour before take off. 

Look forward to seeing you guys tonight. Doors open at 7, and I start to waffle on from 8! 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Well I have arrived safely in London despite Ryanair insisting we sit on the tarmac of Dublin airport for over an hour before take off. 

Look forward to seeing you guys tonight. Doors open at 7, and I start to waffle on from 8! 

Cheers,

Fran

I understand you were lucky to get into the air at all with Ryan Air - many cancellations imminent..

• RMweb Gold

About to put plan A into action,

Meanwhile, the temperature being half what it was two days ago, means I’ve given the HUOs a run (just so I can bend an ear tonight if they didnt)...

However they all passed with flying colours, well except the one that jumped, 48 seconds in.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

About to put plan A into action,

Meanwhile, the temperature being half what it was two days ago, means I’ve given the HUOs a run (just so I can bend an ear tonight if they didnt)...

However they all passed with flying colours, well except the one that jumped, 48 seconds in.

Sadly they took the customer complaint sledgehammer off me at the airport. Might have to be civil! 

Great evening at the Model Railway Club, very nice Presentation by Fran and a lovely open night at this very old club.

Also good to meet the gent from Peterborough who travelled down for the evening (sorry I never caught your name).

Mark

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Very good night last night, glad to meet the new faces.

I was a little late back, last train myside had gone ! So I tubed to Morden and took a taxi.

Not sure the last time I saw a Guinness world record relating to model railways, but it’s on the wall at the club !

• Like 1