Blog- Norton961's Blog - More pre group wagons for Trench sidings and some WIP.

I have been progressing some more pre group wagons, with these 3 just completed and weathered.

I have also repainted and re numbered a Brassmaster G2 that I bought in a few months ago, bringing my fleet of these up to 2. This was the first kit that I and Jim Barnes developed to start the Brassmasters range. I have a prtially built one to complete as well.

I was going to number it as one of Staffords locos but this has been built with the sand fillers on the cabsides and none of the Stafford allocation had these and a tender cab. I have therefore numbered it as one of Crewe Souths locos and can if I wish also give it a Yellow stripe wich it received in August 1964 and was withdrawn in December 1964.

I have also been painting and linning a Brassmasters Black 5, this loco (allocated to Crewe North) was seen working between Shrewsbury and Stafford on the stopping services.
It is a long way from being finished needing some satin varnish, light weathering, couplings and a coal load.

I like to photograph locos and rolling stock when part built as it shows up any remedial work required, the eye sometimes misses things but the camera does not.

David

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-20690-0-47934000-1534261537_th
  • blogentry-20690-0-41422200-1534261735_th
  • blogentry-20690-0-71897700-1534262019_th

View the full article