If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from South Oxfordshire

Rockets

Hello all,

New member from South Oxfordshire, not far from Pendon luckily!

I have returned to the hobby as my children have become interested. My hobbies include model engineering, I'm a motor cruiser fan and have a thing for IC engine designs by E T Westbury.

I'm also into motorbikes.

We have a 6x4 portable layout designed and built by my Uncle, Graham Wilson of Bridlington Model Railway Society. He designed and built Basin Street if anyone is familiar with the layout.

The idea was to provide us with a starting point so that we could improve the layout, I could get back into it, the boys could learn but most of all we could have some fun with it.

My intention is to go 1930s GWR, based on the area we live in. Its a popular topic and there is some great inspiration on the forum, looking forward being part of it all. 

Rockets. 

• Like 3

Thanks Pete,

All forums have their 'old women' that like to tear apart people's posts. Model engineering, motorbikes, they all have them. I've made a few of them cry over the years! I'm sure I'll gain a lot from the forum. I'm not a beginner but like most of us, have a lot to learn still.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Welcome to RMWeb. I've only visited Pendon once, but I thoroughly enjoyed my visit. There are quite a few good GWR & ex GWR layout threads and blogs here, so hopefully you will be able to find lots of inspiration!

Kind regards,

Nick.