Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

I am still waiting for you to visit Sheffield Exchange, it needs a tidy up. :sungum: :sungum: :nono:

I thought for a minute you wanted me to tidy the WHOLE of Sheffield. :O

I think you just need to open all your windows and lets the wind do the rest. :scared:  :scared:

Could you please send Major Tidy-up down to me when he's finished cleaning TOPS up ?    (Hahahahaha) :pleasantry: my workshop is in a mess...

What about your Slaves, Mark and Ian? hahahha. :sungum:  :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Could you please send Major Tidy-up down to me when he's finished cleaning TOPS up ?    (Hahahahaha) :pleasantry: my workshop is in a mess...

Oi You get to the back of the queue I asked first.  :wild:                                          :D  :D 

At last, the wiring on the Fiddle Yard, Board 1 and 2 are finished and the first test is done.

When running the earlier period,  / Brown Van's possibly Steam etc, the Sidings will be mainly for Wagon Sidings. (Note = Wagons in pic courtesy of George T Esq).

attachicon.gifIMG_5817.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5818.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5819.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5820.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5821.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5822.JPG

Very nice pictures but do you realise you have posted them before you took them!

• RMweb Gold

Very nice pictures but do you realise you have posted them before you took them!

Yes that's the Magician in me coming out again. I really must do the time on the camera.

I shouldn't worry quite often I see answering posts where the times on the quotes are after the time of posting. RMWEB seems to be some sort of time warp but if you are modelling pre-group stuff you head is well back a 100 years.

Don

as I said my post is timed  16:32 neither of the quoted post could have been seen by then. I do like a paradox

Edited by Donw
  • Like 2

Morning all, Thanks for all the time info, it is interesting to see how things are posted, for example the post above says 06.37 when it's 07.37.

Moving on, I'm off to see George T of Pit St fame today, do boubt our jaws will get a good working, and also some coffee and cake at Poynton Garden Centre when we visit the superbly stocked model shop there.

Memo to self = Keep wallet in pocket.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

........….. Moving on, I'm off to see George T of Pit St fame today, do boubt our jaws will get a good working, and also some coffee and cake at Poynton Garden Centre when we visit the superbly stocked model shop there.

Andy you have a model shop in the garden centre we only have a "Hobbycraft shop" in ours, it does have plenty of general stuff, paints glues scenic items etc but only does some 00 gauge kit on the rail front, I'm 7mm.

It keeps me occupied while the wife try's to empty the rest of the shop of all its stock.

Best

• Like 1

Hello Andy,

Looks a great start - a friend of mine (whose also on here) said I should pop in and take a look, and to watch how the scenery develops. I've just spent around a hour going through several of your threads. You are a superb modeller, I only wish I had some of your skill!  I liked the Glenfiddich layout (being N gauge the same as me), but King's Moreton and this look superb.  My friend is into 7mm and the diesels look wonderful.  Im lucky to have quite a large space, but wanted to model part of a route rather than a location, hence the decision to go to N.  But O gauge really does look good, and you appear to have got a lot into the space for such a large gauge.  I have marked to follow your progress!

All the best

Richard

........….. Moving on, I'm off to see George T of Pit St fame today, do boubt our jaws will get a good working, and also some coffee and cake at Poynton Garden Centre when we visit the superbly stocked model shop there.

Andy you have a model shop in the garden centre we only have a "Hobbycraft shop" in ours, it does have plenty of general stuff, paints glues scenic items etc but only does some 00 gauge kit on the rail front, I'm 7mm.

It keeps me occupied while the wife try's to empty the rest of the shop of all its stock.

Best

No, the one in Poynton Garden Centre is a PROPER RAILWAY MODEL SHOP, with everything from Bachmann ''N'' to LGB Garden Railway Locos and Stock, and everything in between from Paints to Flocks etc, plus loads of second hand at fairly good prices.

Well worth a visit.

Erm... what’s that line disappearing off top left of the first picture above? So the layout’s going to expand rather stay just with the boards under the window.

Tut Tut Andrew, you REALLY must sit on the naughty step,  you have NOT been keeping up have you! hahah :nono:

A few pages back, I revealed the full plan, as shown again below for you mate.

post-9335-0-19690500-1537635776_thumb.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 7

Hello Andy,

Looks a great start - a friend of mine (whose also on here) said I should pop in and take a look, and to watch how the scenery develops. I've just spent around a hour going through several of your threads. You are a superb modeller, I only wish I had some of your skill!  I liked the Glenfiddich layout (being N gauge the same as me), but King's Moreton and this look superb.  My friend is into 7mm and the diesels look wonderful.  Im lucky to have quite a large space, but wanted to model part of a route rather than a location, hence the decision to go to N.  But O gauge really does look good, and you appear to have got a lot into the space for such a large gauge.  I have marked to follow your progress!

All the best

Richard

Hi Richard, welcome aboard and thanks for the comments.

Glenfinick was done after Trebudoc, and so the jump from O down to N was a bit of a shock to the system. 

I will do my best to entertain with the Scenic's on here for you.

Cheers.

• Like 1

A great day out today with George T  / Pit Street and Mark./ meowenuk / Holker.

I only came home with one new purchase, and that was a Berry Wiggins Tank, so that will get a run out in the next day or so.

I was also GIVEN a Low Relief Warehouse for Dore End made by George, so that will go onto a Platform and have some big doors fitted to it's front.

Cheers George.

• Like 3

I do like this plan and the story behind it.  Looking forward to seeing this develop, Andy !

Starting to think about my own O gauge layout now that I have finally moved house - that will be some time off yet though - far too much decorating to get done, and I need to find which box I packed all my 7mm stuff into !

Edited by andi4x4

I do like this plan and the story behind it.  Looking forward to seeing this develop, Andy !

Starting to think about my own O gauge layout now that I have finally moved house - that will be some time off yet though - far too much decorating to get done, and I need to find which box I packed all my 7mm stuff into !

Thanks Andie, the box should be easy to find, it's the HEAVEY ONE, hahha

Good luck once you get started mate.