Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Hello again, Mr P

Have found the "follow" button (doh!) so will watch this thread with interest. (My Dad was a keen O Gauge modeller, and all his locos and stock are stored upstairs for now).

I was going to make a suggestion for your original plan (now long superseded) - could a "lift up and forward" mechanism similar to those installed in "TV coffee tables" (the kind that raise up to provide an appropriate height eating surface) be installed to bring the FY tracks behind the warehouse up and over to allow easy access without stretching? I am sure one if your many contributors could "imagineer" (to steal from Disney) such a contraption?

A similar device was used to great effect a few years back for the professional touring version of "Grease" - the band played the overture "on stage" before being lifted up, forward and down into the "pit" *whilst still playing*, the entire band being set up on a hydraulically moved platform! Stunning to see, and the audience went wild!

A vertical fiddle yard system has been developed/patented, but I've never seen what I've just attempted to describe. (Probably a good reason why, ha ha!)

Steve S

Thanks Steve, glad you've found us over on the Dark Side, My Fiddle Yard will comprise of a 3 Road Sector Plate, each 3ft long so holding up to 6 Locos.

Well that's the plan so far.

• Like 3

So, back in the real world, and I took the 20 up to the Club last night for a run on the 65 plus ft Dornoch Branch, under Anolouge power, and very nice it was too.

I now need to get my noisey chips for the 08,  37, and two 20's ordered and some more speakers from David / Jintyman and have some fun fitting them.

Also at Club last night I had a chat with my Chippy mate Mark who is doing the baseboards, and that may happen after the weekend now. :sungum:

Another delivery due today maybe?

• Like 3

Would you believe it, I turn my back for an hour and look what arrives in the Yard. :no:

post-9335-0-56098400-1534951157_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-06297000-1534951218_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-11917300-1534951261_thumb.jpg

Also a small Mess Room for the Drivers to have a Brew, the bigger one is due out next year, so will need that as well.

post-9335-0-29128700-1534951336_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-55735400-1534951393_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-76795300-1534951436_thumb.jpg

:sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum: 

• Like 15

Hi Andy

Looking at your new big boy toys they don't look quite right......I have big pot of green paint :sungum: :sungum: :tomato:

I'll tell you what mate, I've built a few Layouts over the years since 1977, from ''N'' to ''O'' from German, Swiss, Scottish, Cornish, Steam and Diesel, and many others in between.

BUT, I have never had such a BIG BUZZ about building a Layout, I'm so excited that I just keep going out and looking at Scenic ideas already. 

More to come from todays order.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 7

Some bits on order, I needed something for the 08 to push and pull in, out, and about the Yard, I've been looking at these for about a week now, but finally decided that at the silly price, it had to be done, so the PAY button was pressed.

post-9335-0-84417900-1534954837.jpg

post-9335-0-93571800-1534954856.jpg

post-9335-0-31006800-1534954887.jpg

post-9335-0-87358900-1534954910.jpg

Has anybody every seen these with Red Buffer Heads?  :O  No I thought not, :nono:  :nono:  need to do some work on these I recon. :sungum: 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 7

Thanks Andy ;)

That VAA that I've recently posted on my WB you are referring to, has yet to see an airbrush.

Up to now it is all detail painting, masking, washes and filters. put on and wiped or brushed off!!!

The airbrush is the last thing I use, if at all!

Nice set of wagons Andy, I'm sure you will do them justice, and yes, get rid of those silly red buffer heads!!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 3

So where does this pre-tops Rat come into it with all these 1980’s locos ?

Does one want to have some negotiations at the Great Welsh meet up ?

Best regards

Craig

The amount of TEXT I've received this evening for your good self, tells me that you want a swap, pre TOPS for TOPS, hahha, we need to talk cakes as bribery. haha :no:  :sungum:

The amount of TEXT I've received this evening for your good self, tells me that you want a swap, pre TOPS for TOPS, hahha, we need to talk cakes as bribery. haha :no:  :sungum:

Ha ha you Sir bend easier than a cheap £35 gazebo in a breezy Welsh wind .... eh Jints ?

Best regards

Craig

Nice stuff Andy: Seven Mills reminds me of my childhood, watching the diesels potter around Laira and North Road. 

Best wishes,

Nick.

Cheers Nick, I was visiting Laira Dawlish,and Brent in the last days of the Class 50's :sungum: when we lived at Buckfastleigh.

So Andy, with the grovelling texts I have receive in the last hour I take it SMS is now firmly a TOPs layout ?

5202 with love her stable mate 5191

Best regards & cakes & pies

Craig

It's a long time till November, hahha. :sungum:

O.K. In case anyone was wondering what all the jibberish was about on the previous page.

Basically I bought the NEW Rat from Craig last November, and David / Jintyman did the work on it. Now Craig wants it back, and has offered me another new one in exchange, that David will do the honours on, i.e. Sound, Ploughs Crew, Weathering etc, and I will do the swap over when I go to Wales in November.

So to sum up, I will have an all TOPS Fleet, once I have re numbered the pre TOPS 08, and later the 33 once the work on that is completed.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3