Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Bits unpacked and I've been back into Tops. :sungum:

I wasn't completely convinced by Dore End, and so whilst away I looked at and doodled MANY alternatives. 

Not able to find a suitable plan, and also the fact that even the 25 struggled with some Buffer locking and I was going to add a link to the Locos to make the loops longer, but that would have looked STUPID on the strait bits.

So I've gone back to the original idea of just using one side of TOPS.

attachicon.gifTrack Plan - Copy.png

attachicon.gifIMG_6195.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6196.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6197.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6201.JPG

No wonder old Bodgit's been quiet over the last few days!

You've remained very quiet about that big grey block on the other side of TOPS.

I've had my magnifying glass out, and await any announcement with interest. Whatever

I bet those acres are getting the old grey cells working overtime.

I've had my magnifying glass out, and await any announcement with interest. Whatever

I couldn't possibly comment Tony. :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

I have too, and I think I can just about read what it says . . .

Would I be right Mr P?! ;-)

Paul.

• RMweb Premium

That’s a bit drastic!

You need a more fluid source of stock! While I develop a new model rental service, maybe you should go into partnership with someone in the weathering trade. You can extensively test stuff from their queue, then just give it back when plans next change!

Today I've tried to insert an Oil Depot, I took some good ideas from David / Jintyman, but unfortunately by adding some width to the front and incorperating a curve where the old curve to Dore End was, but I could not reach the Head Shunt and Warehouse along the back for coupling the 3 Links etc. Plus it looked a bit crowded and spoilt the open look that I wanted.

I have however finished the wiring, and look forward to a good tidy up tomorrow and a run to do a final test.

A call last night to David confirmed that my 25/3 is coming along nicely with the Sound having a different Speaker set up to 5191.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

I would have been tempted to keep the loop to Dore End and make it (DE) a Quay or dock and just run four wheelers and 0-4-0/0-6-0 locos to and from Seven Mills. :scratchhead:

Thanks for your thoughts and an interesting idea Mick, I will give it some thought mate.

Cheers.

• RMweb Gold

I would have been tempted to keep the loop to Dore End and make it (DE) a Quay or dock and just run four wheelers and 0-4-0/0-6-0 locos to and from Seven Mills. :scratchhead:

Thanks for your thoughts and an interesting idea Mick, I will give it some thought mate.

Cheers.

That could work nicely Diesel setting the class 2 or 3 bring a rake into seve mills and the an 08 or 03/4 pulls out some to be run round to Dore End.  A similar scenario would be good for steam.

Don

Bit quiet on 7 mill buddy, anything happening ?

Thanks mate, Not a lot is the answer.

I have moved the Points for the Warehouse back a couple of inches, and inserted a new set for the Oil Depot, fitted the Motors and wired them all up.

Shortened the Goods / Provender Shed Road to make room for a curve beyond the end for the Oil Depot.

Shortened the Coal Siding, so that will only take 3 Wagons now instead of the original 5.

And this morning I'm making up the triangular section for the end of the Oil Depot area. This will be a clip on section located on a pair of Dowels with over centre latches for quick removal if required, as it needs to be removeable when up ending the boards to work underneath. Luckily the will be no need for any wiring on this section.

post-9335-0-99507700-1542627120_thumb.png

So all in all a bit quiet by my standards.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

That could work nicely Diesel setting the class 2 or 3 bring a rake into seve mills and the an 08 or 03/4 pulls out some to be run round to Dore End.  A similar scenario would be good for steam.

Don

I have some other plans for that side later Don, but a very nice idea. If my Plan ''A'' doesn't work out then I may well implement your Plan, ''B''. Cheers.

• Like 1

I have just caught up with the changes after a weekend away from the pooter. Don't know what to say so will keep quiet and see what happens. 

Not sure my self yet mate, I have several ideas on paper but all will be revealed once I know a little more.

• RMweb Premium

So here is the Oil Depot, not as far around as some have suggested, but it still looks open and not to cramped.

Would an oil depot be built so close to building in other use, on safety grounds? The oil tankers look good so it would be a shame not to give them a purpose on the layout.

BTW your signature still refers to Dore End :-)

• RMweb Premium

Not sure my self yet mate, I have several ideas on paper but all will be revealed once I know a little more.

Wot about a N gauge model of St Pancras circa 1912, all them lovely red N-gins and carriages. Hand built track of course. :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :locomotive:  

Would an oil depot be built so close to building in other use, on safety grounds? The oil tankers look good so it would be a shame not to give them a purpose on the layout.

BTW your signature still refers to Dore End :-)

I have seen Oil Depots fairly close to Industrial Units, right or wrong, I'm not sure but that is how it's staying now mate.

As for the Signature, Andy Y has to amend that, and as he has only recently added Dore End, I won't trouble him again to amend it, he's a very busy guy, and  I can live with it.

• Like 2