Rmweb etiquette

• RMweb Gold

Morning

This may sound a tad pathetic but I was wondering about how to best respond to anyone who adds comments or likes topics you create. Apart from the Long winded tested reply, is there a thank you icon or emoji you can use? Similarly if some gives you a "like" or "clever" Tec is there a life way of acknowledging that.

Apologies if this naive or sounds a bit limp!

• RMweb Gold

For "likes" I think it's accepted that they are given with no expectation of a response. If you want you can bear them in mind and give a response in kind in the future.

Another option, which is apt when someone is being consistently positive or helpful, is to click on the person's profile name or avatar and give them a star rating.

Edited by Harlequin

• RMweb Premium

If I'm not mistaken, the quote "My God, it's full of stars!" was from the sequel '2010', and isn't in the original film. I've no idea if it was in the novel of 2001.

Edited by Ian J.

• RMweb Gold

If I'm not mistaken, the quote "My God, it's full of stars!" was from the sequel '2010', and isn't in the original film. I've no idea if it was in the novel of 2001.

It is in the book (in which the Discovery goes to Saturn, not Jupiter), but as you say not the film. I watched 2010 when it came out but don't think I've seen it since.

• RMweb Gold

Undereducated?You weren't in my class at school last year were you?

Oh, Peter! Your contributions on this forum lead me to believe you would be a more inspiring teacher than some. Sherry certainly enjoys the fact that a number of former pupils are now friends on her Facebook page. Not least the one who sang at the recent Royal Wedding....

Said the Great Western train spotter when entering Old Oak Common shed for the first time !!

Must have had his eyes shut or bashed his head clambering through the doorway.

;-)

G

• Like 1

Morning

This may sound a tad pathetic but I was wondering about how to best respond to anyone who adds comments or likes topics you create. Apart from the Long winded tested reply, is there a thank you icon or emoji you can use? Similarly if some gives you a "like" or "clever" Tec is there a life way of acknowledging that.

Apologies if this naive or sounds a bit limp!

Hi There,

We need a button with a great big "P" on it for pedant and a great big "U" for uncharitable.

That said I shall be careful of what I wish for, I might get some "P's" for some of my comments !!!

Gibbo.