Scenic break help.

Hi i'm in the planning stages of my layout and this is the track plan I have developed

You can read my main thread for an introduction: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/136612-single-track-terminus-based-within-the-chilterns/&do=findComment&comment=3266423

The biggest problem I have is my fiddle yard and how to break it off.

post-30979-0-82419000-1534859168_thumb.png

As you can see I want to hide the dashed track but keep the siding in front. The goal is to not make it a secret that the train has disappeared, I want to make it appear as if it is just underground at that point en route. They layout is set in the suburbs so there is a lot to play with when it comes to options. The siding is exposed so my whole baseboard isn't wasted or just half of it is houses, I want the track to stretch across to add another element for wagons to sit in.

My first plan is to put a residential street or gardens above the fiddle yard with a retaining wall leading down to the siding, a road bridge would be the opening for the trains to pass:

post-30979-0-51980000-1534861284_thumb.jpg

My only problem with this plan is how do I make the transition from bridge to retaining wall? 

Many thanks, Greg

Last months Model Rail had an article about this, rather than having a fixed item (bridge, tunnel etc) it was more disguising the exit from the scenic section, with selecting items like buildings, trees, back scene board at an angle, larger exit holes with additional scenery off stage, or smaller holes through it, 3D back scenes. The idea is rather than try and disguise the exit, its more disguising the transition with a visual distraction(s). In the end does it matter ?

For roundy/roundy why bother disguising the fiddleyard, seen a few where its a part of the layout, this being near impossible with small end to end layouts

Edited by hayfield