Bachmann EFE Bus announcements from 2018 Buses Festival

Andy Y

Bachmann made a series of model bus announcements at the Buses Festival over the weekend at Gaydon Motor Museum. These announcements include the first model using all-new tooling developed for the EFE range following Bachmann Europe’s acquisition of the brand in 2016.

EFE Atlantean Open Top New Tooling Announcement 08-2018.jpg

EFE Palatine New Tooling Announcement 08-2018.jpg

EFE E16611 Announcement 08-2018.jpg

EFE E25006 Announcement 08-2018.jpg

EFE E34115 Announcement 08-2018.jpg

EFE E34116 Announcement 08-2018.jpg

• Like 4

Is that Leyland National new tooling or the old effort reheated?

Unlike the models above it doesn't boast new tooling so is a turn off for me I am afraid.

A real good quality National in different lengths would be really useful, but I am not sure the model market can cope with the increased costs just yet.

The Olympian is a very postive marker and I am really intrigued as to what they will do with the Atlantean windscreens.  I don't need any open toppers so won't be investing, but a decent Atlantean with nice windscreens would be worth buying  

• RMweb Premium

£30 is a hell of a lot for the old tooling National which was good in its day but that was twenty plus years ago and it now looks poor and dated (indeed will look even worse alongside that all new Olympian).  Thousands of them are still gathering dust in bargain bins at shows and shops up and down the country.

• RMweb Premium

I think I’m correct in saying the Palatine was the last type of bus that Southdown purchased before being taken over by Stagecoach?

Edited by acg5324

• RMweb Premium

I think I’m correct in saying the Palatine was the last type of bus that Southdown purchased before being taken over by Stagecoach?

I’m told very similar but not the same......b*gg*r.

• RMweb Gold

Seems a bit odd they haven't gone for the 'Seadog' in the rather more attractive original Devon General reversed livery considering they've already done that with the top on. 

Only a matter of time?

The RE looks nice but my cut-off date for bus/coach models is pre-NBC, so not for me.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

Body yes, Chassis no. Southdown bought Volvo citybus chassis which are higher as they are mid engineed, the model is of the rear engine ex Leyland Olympian chassis.

• 1 month later...