Darlington Railway Modelling (DRM)

• RMweb Gold

Hello Dave, it's good to be back. I think you will find that it's a steam loco, they used to have them before Diesels (A concept you might find strange :huh: )

Wow :lol: :blink: - Good luck in your venture :)

(I remember them hot smelly things, clanking along with their boring trains of coaches or wagons :P )

• RMweb Gold

Just when you thought it was safe to head out to your local model shop in Darlington.....

Mikes back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

cheers

Simon

ps dont think the rest of the country is safe blink.gif blink.gif

pps Paul, his powers still work the same, he's already had releaved Doug for a few quid!!!!!!!!

• RMweb Gold

All the signs were coming together, political leaders all together on TV, a dark dust cloud aproaching the country and my wallet feeling heavy in my pocket...

Good luck with the new venture and I'll be there as soon as the pizza is readybiggrin.gif .

Election night will be the first late night. Come along and escape the media frenzy with trains and fast food. Any mention of politics or the election will cost a 1 pound forfeit for charity.

All the signs were coming together, political leaders all together on TV, a dark dust cloud aproaching the country and my wallet feeling heavy in my pocket...

Good luck with the new venture and I'll be there as soon as the pizza is readybiggrin.gif .

woohoo, great news. Glad to have you back Mike. May have to pop up on the Saturday for a look, good day out for North Easterners - new Model Shop and Locomotion is having a North Eastern Steam event starring Tornado

Hi Mike

Brilliant news for you and brilliant news for modellers in the North East of England (and everywhere else I guess). It is a fantastic little shop and I am sure you will do very well there. Cant wait for the opening day and watching you encourage your customers to spend their money wisely with no hint of any Arkwrightisms :lol: :lol: So hold onto your cash gents as Mike is back :D :D

I suppose the key question no 1 has asked is. What goodies models/food/celebrities etc. will be on hand on the opening day? ;)

There will be food and drink available, and I am working on suppliers for some opening day goodies. I also have a number of purchase led incentives to keep you happy at all times.

There will be a website too, which is currently under construction and should be going live at the same time.

• RMweb Gold

There will be food and drink available, and I am working on suppliers for some opening day goodies. I also have a number of purchase led incentives to keep you happy at all times.

There will be a website too, which is currently under construction and should be going live at the same time.

But will JB be cutting the ribbon?

Yes good luck Mike - wish you every success - Darlington ain't been the same the last few weeks. And I'm sure everyone will give you all the help and support - just remember us all when you've made your first million! Here's hoping!

Yes good luck Mike - wish you every success - Darlington ain't been the same the last few weeks. And I'm sure everyone will give you all the help and support - just remember us all when you've made your first million! Here's hoping!

Thanks Fiesta. I don't expect to make a million, nobody ever will out of model railways. I just want to make a living and enjoy it at the same time. It's bloody hard work at the moment, and scary and exciting at the same time :huh:

You'll be fine Mike - you have a lot of people behind you wishing you well probably more than you realise - and if you get up on a morning and look forward to going to work - well that's what counts. I think it will do well and hey next year - who knows - Shop No. 2!!!

Archived