Darlington Railway Modelling (DRM)

You'll be fine Mike - you have a lot of people behind you wishing you well probably more than you realise - and if you get up on a morning and look forward to going to work - well that's what counts. I think it will do well and hey next year - who knows - Shop No. 2!!!

I know. Yesterday afternoon the shop was full of people and it's not open for another week and a half :rolleyes: Some of them are coming back today to put up shelving and drink more tea and coffee......

• RMweb Gold

I know. Yesterday afternoon the shop was full of people and it's not open for another week and a half rolleyes.gif Some of them are coming back today to put up shelving and drink more tea and coffee......

and to have thier wallets emptied laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold

No, it was me that had the wallet out. Cost me a fortune in Morrison's Pie shop blink.gif

which im sure you will get back when the shop is open biggrin.gif

when people leave you the credit/debit card for safe keeping wink.gif wink.gif tongue.gif

cheers

Simon

In that case Mike, I may pop by on my way back from York next week with some more booty to fill your emporium. Hope it's going well, got back from Norfolk too late this evening to call in and went straight home from the car hire place.

I am doing late at the moment Anthony. I was there until just before 7 putting up some very nice glass wall display cabinets with a joiner friend. Long hours and lots of paperwork are the order of the day. Sound familiar?

I smell another opportunity here - one shop for model trains etc. the second shop - cafe - think you've cracked it Mike - did say shop no. 2 next year - looks like it might be this year.

It has been suggested by a number of customers that they drop their wives/girlfriends off at Morrison's then come to the shop. To be summoned by mobile phone when the car needs loading.

Years ago one model shop (sadly long gone) was in a row of shops nextdoor on one side to a hairdressers and on the other a dress shop. I always thought that the shop's owner must have felt really pleases with the convenient locations of places for most of his customers to drop their wives off for an hour.

Well I'll volunteer for the man creche if you're looking for staff - the idea of keeping a whole group of men in check is right up my street - and I best leave it there before the Mods delete my post for not being suitable!!!! :lol:

I really don't know how to reply to that :unsure: Suffice to say that there will always be refreshments to hand, a DVD to watch, and some good banter. If that fails you can look out of the window and see trains passing on the Bishop Auckland branch.

Tomorrow Tornado will be stood in North Road Station between 4.20 and 4.55 on its way to Locomotion......

• RMweb Gold

Less than a week to go till D day (or should that be DRM day).

Have teabags been purchased, have Morrisons ordered extra chocholate Hobnobs and is there a spare fuse for the kettle?

These are important things to consider, I ain't travelling all that way to have to go withoutrolleyes.gif .

Less than a week to go till D day (or should that be DRM day).

Have teabags been purchased, have Morrisons ordered extra chocholate Hobnobs and is there a spare fuse for the kettle?

These are important things to consider, I ain't travelling all that way to have to go withoutrolleyes.gif .

Red label teabags being used now, and chocolate hobnobs are on offer at Morrison's. You should know better Paul.

Must go, just heard Tornado pulling up over the road.

Red label teabags being used now, and chocolate hobnobs are on offer at Morrison's. You should know better Paul.

Must go, just heard Tornado pulling up over the road.

What's it doing in B&Q's car park?blink.gif

Looking good Mike! More and more stuff done each time I pass! I should have the stationary by the middle of the week!

Regards

Dave

Small but ideal for purpose, the location is probably the key thing. There are still some things to do including painting the new front door and sorting out the counter. I will post some photos when ready.

He's dead right!! I've been there today and the shop size is perfect, plenty of hooks and racks, and some very nice cabinets too.

And to top it off, more than ample carparking across the road too! Lets hope it'll be a good turnout on Saturday!

Wheyy, the return of one of my favourite model shops!

I went to go have a look in the old shop about a month or two ago and was suprised to see it shut!

I will have to pop in sometime when you open and ermm... spend?? blink.gif

Archived