MRJ 265

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

Or more probably a reversion to the early days, under Barlow... :jester:  and Beale... :jester:

Ken and Pete?

I wouldn't have dared!

Looks another good issue for me. Anything from Mrs Trellis in the letters?

I’ve had the honour of helping Richard Butler run Westcliffe at a few shows and I can say he is one of the most approachable people in the hobby - he’s always happy to talk and to share his knowledge, so if you see Westcliff at the show do ask him and his team questions if you have any.

DrDuncan

• Like 1

I saw Westcliffe at ExpoEM the other year and rather warily asked if those clerestory carriages were Triang cut-and-shut. I was relieved to be told they are!

In fact the cut and shut Triang clerestories are the ones in the cover picture.

DrDuncan

• RMweb Premium

In fact the cut and shut Triang clerestories are the ones in the cover picture.

DrDuncan

... which is why I mentioned them!

We haven't had anyone moaning that they haven't received their subscription copy yet, so I will do so. Moan. Now happily moving on.

• RMweb Gold

Subs copy dropped through the letter box this morning at Gravitas Towers. It’s renewal time, so time to write that one cheque of the year. I don’t know what I’ll do if cheques are discontinued - can you still get a postal order for 36 Guineas 12 shillings and 0 pence?

Postie just called, bearing fridge filters, transistors with heatsinks, momentary on off switches and a card from the local council to say there were riadworks starting which would mean a 40 minute diversion to get to the village.

But no MRJ, so yes, another moan, with the above moan threwn in for good measure.....

• RMweb Gold

I’ve had the honour of helping Richard Butler run Westcliffe at a few shows and I can say he is one of the most approachable people in the hobby - he’s always happy to talk and to share his knowledge, so if you see Westcliff at the show do ask him and his team questions if you have any.

I am also an occasional operator of Westcliffe and concur with Duncans comments. In fact Richard is normally far happier to talk and let the rest of the team operate! As a layout I consider it to be one of the best and is the gold standard I was trying to aspire to when I built Brighton East.

Edited by kipford
  • Like 1