MRJ 265

queensquare

I bought this issue primarily for the Westcliffe piece that I've had the pleasure of seeing several times. However, I could read a whole book about the Norris layout – the letters were glimpse into a fascinating world. 

With one Neil Corner locomotive featured that got me thinking that I'd love to know how Lonsdale turned out…

Hurrah!!!!

My local cornershop purveyor has them in stock!

I shall sit down with the mag and a refreshing mug of tea and plate of Digestive Biscuits tomorrow afternoon and devour them all at a leisurely pace....

Where to start?  At the beginning, I suppose  :jester:

Strange, no subscribers have commented on what appears to be changes to the envelope labelling this month, certainly appeared to be in a different font. Or maybe mine was individually produced as I was a tardy in re-newing my subs.

Edited by vaughan45

• RMweb Gold

Strange, no subscribers have commented on what appears to be changes to the envelope labelling this month, certainly appeared to be in a different font. Or maybe mine was individually produced as I was a tardy in re-newing my subs.

FWIW, mine arrived packaged as normal - contained within a hand-tooled vellum pouch, adorned with my address in illuminated script, and delivered by a cheeky but good-natured street urchin who asked of me a florin for his trouble.

Just kidding... it was in exactly the same envelope and label as usual.

Edited by Zero Gravitas

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I spent a very pleasant afternoon, off work, in the garden, reading MRJ265 while soaking up the final rays of the summer sunshine. All good things... etc....

Hope to see Westcliff at an exhibition one day.

Back to work tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...