Lenz TR100 Transformer

MarkAllen

Evening all,

Whilst building my little plank, I noticed that my Lenz transformer TR150 had become electrically unsafe. I therefore have just replaced it with a TR100 direct from AandH models. Great service and no problems there but on plugging It in it seems to buzz whereas the TR150 was silent. Everything works fine, just wondering if anyone else had similar findings. I will email AandH for clarification, but thought I’d try the power of rmweb first.

The TR150 had 2 terminals whereas the newer TR100 has 3 for 12/10v operation. I doubt it has anything to do with it but thought I’d mention it. I’ve wired for 12v.

Thanks

Mark

Evening all,

Whilst building my little plank, I noticed that my Lenz transformer TR150 had become electrically unsafe. I therefore have just replaced it with a TR100 direct from AandH models. Great service and no problems there but on plugging It in it seems to buzz whereas the TR150 was silent. Everything works fine, just wondering if anyone else had similar findings. I will email AandH for clarification, but thought I’d try the power of rmweb first.

The TR150 had 2 terminals whereas the newer TR100 has 3 for 12/10v operation. I doubt it has anything to do with it but thought I’d mention it. I’ve wired for 12v.

Thanks

Mark

The manufacturers rating for a Lenz TR100 transformer is 15V /45VA , unless that's been changed on newer models  ? I recently picked up an as new unused TR100 it has only 2 terminals (the same as the TR150) and it's totally silent once powered up.... you sure it's a Lenz TR100 you've got ?  what are you using it for ? 

Edited by tractor_37260

I’ve just taken the transformer off it’s base where I screwed it down and had a listen and there’s is a tiny little hum but nothing like before, so I think where I’ve mounted it under the layout, ive just managed to create a very good amplifier. Feeling reassured I may try putting something beneath it before re mounting it directly to the wood. I’m wary of potential heat but may try some cardboard or foam and see how I go. Testing for heat after a small period obviously.

Mark