New Hattons Website

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold

Just my thoughts, hope it helps somebody!

Rich

Evening Rich,

Thank you so much for providing such great feedback on the new website. It really is helpful and very much appreciated.

This has been fed over to the IT manager and he's working on a bit of a "to do list" as a result and will be discussing it with the MD.

If you think of anything else in the meantime then please feel free to post it here or email it in directly to info@hattons.co.uk

Thanks again, have a good evening.

Cheers,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the new website, only had a short examination so far, but on the whole I think it's a great improvement.

I do have two observations:

On the old site I like that any reduced items had the word 'Bargains' in red. It stood out. Now it's the same colour as the price, so doesn't stand out.

post-31758-0-35229300-1542846224.jpg

I don't like that you list the RRP on Pre-Owned items, with a suggestion of how much you save. I feel this is misleading. For a new item, if its RRP is £105 and you reduce the price to £85 for that same new item, then yes, the saving is a reasonable comparison. But for a Pre-Owned item selling for, say £85, then the RRP is not the RRP for a second-hand item, so the comparison is misleading.

Here's an example:

It's got a detached bogie, headlight not working and a break in the drawbar. Plus the box is imperfect. So how can there be a RRP to compare this against?

post-31758-0-66846200-1542846280.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another example, Both the same model. 1st is OK, 2nd is not (in my opinion):

This new Dapol has a RRP of £129.95, and a saving against that of £24.95:

post-31758-0-23741600-1542846438.jpg

However, this same Dapol model is Pre-Owned, so the saving of £29.95 is incorrect, there is no RRP for a second-hand model. It's misleading.

post-31758-0-18623400-1542846523.jpg

Edited by Damo666

At the top of the item list next to 'Sort by' would it be possible to add the 'Show' option with incremental amounts i.e. 15, 25, 50, 100, 200 & All so the customer can either view a certain amount or view all products on one page rather than browsing from one page to another.

It's easier to scroll down and view most or all the products on one page, example screenshot below.

post-30580-0-46618700-1542980225.gif

Cheers.

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Gold

I'm running Win 10 and Firefox 63.0.3 with uBlock and NoScript. Even with Noscript turned off the page numbers at the bottom of the page don't work - instead of going to the page it just returns to the top of the page I'm already on. Looking at Noscript it is trying to run 20 or so scripts. uBlock is showing 79 requests, blocking 38%. Too much going on here, presumably why it doesn't work?

New site looks ok but not a fan of sites where it consuming bandwidth and power just to look at stock or buy something. Although fairly academic if I can't select the pages.

• RMweb Gold

Something that may have been pointed out before, but I've only just come across is that the stock levels do not match. Items that are shown as in stock on hattonshobbies.com are out of stock on hatttons.co.uk - a search for a particular product on the new website brings up a number of items as being available, yet on the old website they are not.

• RMweb Gold

I don't like that you list the RRP on Pre-Owned items, with a suggestion of how much you save. I feel this is misleading. For a new item, if its RRP is £105 and you reduce the price to £85 for that same new item, then yes, the saving is a reasonable comparison. But for a Pre-Owned item selling for, say £85, then the RRP is not the RRP for a second-hand item, so the comparison is misleading.

Just want to highlight this part out.

It would be interesting to see Bachmanns class 45048 or C class in SECR with a sale price considerably higher than the RRP, as well as much Mainline / Wrenn Hornby Dublo stuff, can the system handle prices like 2/6 ?