My relatively new ho scale diorama BURRARD INLET will be at the Cardiff show in 2 weeks ,I don’t think I have posted on the forum before except in the exhibition section.

It is fully Dcc ,try and make the show.

post-7300-0-07547100-1538678402_thumb.jpeg

post-7300-0-69486400-1538678442_thumb.jpeg

post-7300-0-73679800-1538678467_thumb.jpeg

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

I saw this on a video of the Cardiff Model Railway Exhibition posted on You Tube.  Congratulations, very nice workmanship indeed.

Phil

Thanks Phil much appreciated

Where is the I bloody love this button? 

Nice. Of course it would be better with more CP and less CN.  :jester:

Cheers ,that could be arranged
  • Like 1

sorry if this is the wrong place, but I too have modeled Western Canada. I built HarrTerm a small layout using freelance set in North Vancouver. It is current stored in the loft waiting to become part of a loft empire well that was the plan about 15 years ago when it got stored. I then switched to smaller Micro layouts. It featured in Model Trains International, but off the top of my head when ?

HarrTerm short for Harrington Terminal, was set in the freelance Harrington district of North Vancouver with connection to BN & BC Rail. It was a freight only layout. The era is mid 1980's so I could have the older BCR two tone green as well as some of red white & blue BC Rail stuff. Itried to include a bit of an urban street scene but wanted a run down area of mainly brick built buildings. One idea I got from Model Raillroader was to have a row of 3 buildings, but  using 2 kits the middle one was a demolished one just a floor and a hoarding at the front. On Harrterm they were a run down budget hotel, DPM house with storefront & covered staircase then demolished section & a corner building part Pola & Life-Like parts I think ,as the local Seaman's Mission. 

post-9223-0-05684400-1541241420_thumb.jpg

post-9223-0-66425300-1541241462_thumb.jpg

post-9223-0-83146900-1541241479_thumb.jpg

post-9223-0-32507600-1541241441_thumb.jpg

post-9223-0-24943500-1541242789_thumb.jpg

All the stock and scene are stored in boxes. BN 149 was detailed to an actual BN switcher which I photographed back in 1984.

Edited by Angliacan
  • Like 2

sorry if this is the wrong place, but I too have modeled Western Canada. I built HarrTerm a small layout using freelance set in North Vancouver. It is current stored in the loft waiting to become part of a loft empire well that was the plan about 15 years ago when it got stored. I then switched to smaller Micro layouts. It featured in Model Trains International, but off the top of my head when ?

HarrTerm short for Harrington Terminal, was set in the freelance Harrington district of North Vancouver with connection to BN & BC Rail. It was a freight only layout. The era is mid 1980's so I could have the older BCR two tone green as well as some of red white & blue BC Rail stuff. Itried to include a bit of an urban street scene but wanted a run down area of mainly brick built buildings. One idea I got from Model Raillroader was to have a row of 3 buildings, but  using 2 kits the middle one was a demolished one just a floor and a hoarding at the front. On Harrterm they were a run down budget hotel, DPM house with storefront & covered staircase then demolished section & a corner building part Pola & Life-Like parts I think ,as the local Seaman's Mission. 

Nicely modelled scenes....thanks for posting , the more the merrier.

attachicon.gifHarrterm 7.JPG

attachicon.gifHarrterm 6.jpg

attachicon.gifHarrterm 8.JPG

attachicon.gifHarrterm 5.jpg

attachicon.gifHarrterm 11.jpg

All the stock and scene are stored in boxes. BN 149 was detailed to an actual BN switcher which I photographed back in 1984.