Curving Cork Underlay

I am looking at using 3mm cork underlay under Peco Streamline Code 100 Flexible Track

Can/how do you curve it - I am looking at 3-4 foot radius curves.

I note that there is a 'flexible' cork underlay produced by Proses

Also any recommendations as to suppliers/width - its a single track line and/or thickness

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I am looking at using 3mm cork underlay under Peco Streamline Code 100 Flexible Track

Can/how do you curve it - I am looking at 3-4 foot radius curves.

I note that there is a 'flexible' cork underlay produced by Proses

Also any recommendations as to suppliers/width - its a single track line and/or thickness

Cut slight 'v's on the inside of the curve; about 2/3 of the width. Do a couple of test pieces to get the 'v's as you need them. Not sure how far apart they would need to be.

C & L do some nicely chamfered lengths but it is quite expensive. Cheltenham Model Centre do rolls as do lots of other shops. Some people use cork tiles.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

I lay 2 parallel pieces, both 20mm wide, for a 40mm wide track base. For curves, I cut halfway through each strip at about 5cm intervals, the cut edge goes on the outside of the curve. My cork is 2.5mm I think. Picture tomorrow.

Edited by NittenDormer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I lay 2 parallel pieces, both 20mm wide, for a 40mm wide track base. For curves, I cut halfway through each strip at about 5cm intervals, the cut edge goes on the outside of the curve. My cork is 2.5mm I think. Picture tomorrow.

The easiest way. if ballasting is to be used of course.

P