Hither Green railfreight sector shed plates

47606odin

After a quick look through my photos I have only found the locos already mentioned by Phil, although at least 33063 & 73107 have been adorned with the oast house plates when in private ownership / preservation.  The same oast house symbol was also used on documents and publications by the Trainload Freight (TLF), Area Manager Freight South organisation which controlled Hither Green Depot in the TLF era.  Although I am not sure who used the symbol first, the AM organisation outlasted the allocation of locos to Hither Green as they transfered to Stewarts Lane when maintenance activity transferred there.

• Like 1

Sort of.

I am really after triple grey, general grey and dutch locos, late 80's to early 90's era. i have 60001 and 33050, which i am modelling for my Hither Green depot, and was wondering what others from that era carried them. they look like a rare shed plate

Post 6 shows the Railfreight General logo, which wasn't applied in the same numbers as the other subsectors. Didn't realise that any Class 60s carried that one, but as the original poster stated, may have been for a short period of time for demonstration purposes only.

As for the HG badge, weren't some Class 56s outbased here? Would they have had the HG badge rather than their home depot?

I used to visit HG quite a lot on 1990 and 1991. As far as I can remember it was only classes 33, 60 and 73 that had HG plates. The Class 56s had CF plates or whatever other depot they were allocated to.

John

60010 'Pumlumon Plynlimon', albeit carrying the plates and the sector logo for one day only (or so I believe) as part of the Roundel Railfreight promotion in 1989...

The Railfreight livery on 60010 was very short lived and may perhaps have only been applied on one side for the photoshoot on Kingsferry Bridge.  The photo appeared on the July / August page of The Railfreight 1991 Calendar which stated that the photo was taken on 12th August, but failed to mention which year.

There were very few locos with the HG plaque, as already stated 33050, 33207 & 60001. The Dutch 56s (NSE infrastructure use) had no plaques and most had the double arrows on those cab ends. They were SL locos by the time they arrived. Most loco allocations were SL and Eastleigh for the South.

Cheers.

• Like 1

There were very few locos with the HG plaque, as already stated 33050, 33207 & 60001. The Dutch 56s (NSE infrastructure use) had no plaques and most had the double arrows on those cab ends. They were SL locos by the time they arrived. Most loco allocations were SL and Eastleigh for the South.

Cheers.

I guessed that was about all, as even the other HG allocated 60's didn't carry shed plates. I need Heljan to produce the 33/2's and also someone to produce class 73 in decent RTR form