Planned Bachmann Branchline release schedule published 19 October 2018

lindi

• RMweb Gold

It is frustrating to sit here and read such silly speculations when the reality is that Bachmann have some unforeseen issues to work through. In that context they deserve support and tolerance rather than criticism and accusation.

I'll happily delete my posts.

Ian.

Given Hornby's well publicised financial woes - AND all the uncertainty caused by no Brexit deal having been done with only just over 4 months to go till we crash out of the EU I think its a little foolish / unrealistic to expect too much in the way of new releases at this years Warley show (or even the 2019 catalogues).

Were you on the March then Phil?.........The exchange rate since the vote has had an impact on the price of most of the models coming out, but Bachmann need to be careful not to kill volume sales. How many people are going to buy a full length train at £60 a couch/ wagon??.....Some of the recent Steam releases are nearly the price of Dapols O gauge tanks/shunters and as i found recently new oo shunters are around the £130 mark!!....I think the pricing of both O and OO needs to stop roaring towards their respective glass ceiling prices or they will kill off casual purchasers.

B     

It was necessary to shelve the topic which was already getting daft, pending a response from Bachmann (bear in mind this was on a Sunday). I had more important personal things to be doing on that day than babysit conspiracy theorists.

Not sure why this particular brand of RMWeb daftness needed to be babysat. It's not like Bachmann has a veto on what we write, is it?

I think people would be more forebearing were it not for the fact that this is simply the latest in a long series of delays to the appearance of blue box items. But hey, they're just toy trains, and if we want a new 94xx we'll just have to wait.

With the latest news from China on other matters, who knows what the future will bring?

Edited by locoholic

What's also sad is that someone who is 25 (myself) has more paitence than most of the people here who are probably older than me, it helps me save up for models for my layout as I work part time at a BK in the USA as my form of income.

Edited by 9402 Fredrick
  • Like 2

What's also sad is that someone who is 25 (myself) has more paitence than most of the people here who are probably older than me, it helps me save up for models for my layout as I work part time at a BK in the USA as my form of income.

Some of us oldsters are more in touch with our mortality.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It is frustrating to sit here and read such silly speculations when the reality is that Bachmann have some unforeseen issues to work through. In that context they deserve support and tolerance rather than criticism and accusation.

Thanks Andy for posting Bachmann's update. Reassuring, and hopefully the new factory will get up to speed quickly. Of course it means that some products will inevitably slip until after the next Chinese New Year and so suffer the annual price increase, but at least we'll understand why.

As to the endless speculation on here, all that could have been avoided if Bachmann had posted the same statement on its website once they knew.

How many people are going to buy a full length train at £60 a couch...??

Sleeping cars, I assume....   :angel:

it helps me save up for models for my layout as I work part time at a BK in the USA as my form of income.

BK in the USA was a hit for Bruce McCartney  :sungum:

• Like 3

We know from experience that Bachmann announce their intentions and then embark on the long road of development and delivery. When they kept things up their sleeve, the result was duplication.

I may see my HAPs in 2019 but it could be 2020 which will mean for me just two £200+ items in 2019 instead of 4 (crane + sound fitted terrier being the other 2). We know the quality will be very good, spares will be available and even easy sound fitting is becoming increasing more normal.

The deferral is nothing new in this hobby, I still remember the N class delays, some due to the first EPs being too light to pull a train. And they are far from being alone.

• Like 1

So i am not the only one who missed the Midland 0-4-4T then ?

I beginning to think the only way to make it appear in the Bachmann catalogue will be to scratch-build my own - the Bachmann one is sure to turn up the day after I've finished. 

• Like 1

Sleeping cars, I assume.... :angel:

BK in the USA was a hit for Bruce McCartney :sungum:

When I say BK I mean Burger King. Getting back to the point, due to me not living in the UK and having to also pay a higher shipping cost, even with VAT removed, the price is still higher than I'd like it to be, hence why I don't mind the wait. Edited by 9402 Fredrick

AFAIK there were no BKs, which would have meant a full brake vehicle with no passenger accommodation but a side corridor.  But I am willing to be proved wrong!

Makes a lot of sense to allow through passage of - er - passengers while barricading them off from the contents of the van. I believe some G.W.R. vans were configured like this - but were probably just classified as 'BG' in B.R. days.

( I hope that explanation's not too silly for this thread !!?! )

• Like 1

Makes a lot of sense to allow through passage of - er - passengers while barricading them off from the contents of the van. I believe some G.W.R. vans were configured like this - but were probably just classified as 'BG' in B.R. days.

( I hope that explanation's not too silly for this thread !!?! )

There were vans that had metal cages in them to stop thieving from passengers walking through, but I can't think of any that had physical corridors.

Jason

• RMweb Gold

There were vans that had metal cages in them to stop thieving from passengers walking through, but I can't think of any that had physical corridors.

Jason

And keeping people in, on football specials, and came in useful as place for a shop, on railtours. Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Mk1 gangwayed vans with passenger accommodation (BSK, BSO, BCK, BFK, any others you can think of) had cages to keep mails safe from pilfering while preserving access to the guard for passengers and vice-versa, but IIRC no BG's, even those regularly allocated to passenger sets, had these.  A non-gangwayed van doesn't need the cages, of course, as passengers cannot access the van space anyway.

Working South Wales-Paddington trains in the 70s (my link had a turn which took us to Swindon for relief with one on a Sunday afternoon), we used to lock the BG door if we were leaving it to go through the train for any reason.  When airconditioned stock was introduced, we were required to go through closing the door windows after each stop.  As freight guards, we were not required to do ticket work on these trains; we occasionally had ticket inspectors riding with us.

• RMweb Premium

As freight guards, we were not required to do ticket work on these trains; we occasionally had ticket inspectors riding with us.

Interesting. That might explain why some bashers used to say they always went for particular trains because they never got gripped (so their ticket could be used again).

• 4 weeks later...

A few new wagons have sneaked in this week without too much fanfare. I’ll share with you a few photos of three that got delivered today.

First up, 38-352B BAA Steel Carrier Wagon In BR Railfreight Red and Black. Running number 900015.

post-33480-0-42321900-1542744617_thumb.jpeg

post-33480-0-09675200-1542744667_thumb.jpeg

Pretty much the same as 38-352 and 38-352A. Features a spoked handbrake wheel just like 38-352 (352A had a solid wheel) It carries the same ends as the previous two versions, which for me is a slight let down. I was hoping for a later number that had alternative ends, just to mix it up a bit. But all in all, this should prove a popular model, just like the previous ones. BAA’s are always quite hard to source.

Next up is 38-151C BDA Bogie Bolster Wagon BR Railfreight Red, and is factory weathered. Running number 950226.post-33480-0-30249200-1542745177_thumb.jpeg

post-33480-0-76187500-1542745241_thumb.jpeg

Pretty standard BDA as previous 38-151, 38-151A, 38-151B and 38-159. Features hand brake lever (like 38-151B) rather than wheel. The weathering is ok, with ’Railfreight’ looking like it’s had grime wiped clean from it. Again should prove quite a good seller.

Last up is 38-153 Ex BDA YAA ‘BRILL’ Bogie Bolster Wagon In BR Departmental Yellow. Running number 950144.

post-33480-0-15341700-1542746123_thumb.jpegpost-33480-0-34722500-1542746275_thumb.jpeg

Posed with 38-150Z (Model Rail Exclusive) for comparison. 38-153 has a lighter shade of yellow which I prefer. Would go quite nice with Hattons recently announced 12ton Plasser crane.

Edited by 66738
  • Like 1