9466 - Dennis Howell Memorial special

adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Sad day, and a solemn occasion, 100 or so passengers got to ride on a 3 coach special from West Drayton to Princes Risborough, via Greenford, South & West Ruislip and High Wycombe.

3 coaches, no support coach, no diesel, tonights return will be bunker first, complete with hanging irons and bucket on the back brackets.

Seen coasting through Hanwell (the only station enroute east facing (with west facing sun) on the ecs to West Drayton

In the civil engineers loop at West Ruislip (it was placed here to allow approx 5 north bounds and a south bound to cross)

At High Wycombe, passing the recently re-discovered & restored Station Nameboard

Lovely weather, solemn occasion and an entirely unique railtour.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

I thought i was seeing things this am, in the distance getting closer and closer i could have sweared i saw a blue HST.... turns out i was right, it certainly brought back an old memory.

A welcome party crasher..

The GWML is an easy divide for modellers.. 2016...old, 2018, everything bar HST is new.. seen the new EMUs, Azumas, Crossrail units this morning.

Edited by adb968008

One of the best locos hired to Swanage Railway for a summer season, in the mid 1980's, superb loco in excellent condition coped faultlessly all season with busy, packed trains, at that time just a short shuttle to Herston and back. 

Edited by bike2steam