Bachmann Class 47

steveb860

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Images of 47 461 have been added to rails website. Still not syre about the strip widths (like 541)

I emailed Rails and they said the model should be delivered shortly. Looking at the photos on Class47.co.uk, I can't see anything wrong with the strip widths, but you probably need to see the model at first hand to be sure. What is good to see is that Rails/Bachmann have got the ScotRail branding correct, i.e. at different heights on each side.

For me, it a shame they've fitted radio aerials as it puts the loco at the end of its career when it never had a pristine coast of paint as the model does, but that's a minor issue.

This looks like an awesome model, But the delivery charge to Australia will stop me buying it, 30gbp, Most local from the box shifters are under 10 gbp to post to Australia,

Gary in Tasmania

but i guess you will save the VAT costs that us Brits have to endure.

prabably save you around ??14 off the rrp, you will save the ??4.70 p&P as well.

Hope you are the Summer!

the sun has made an appearance in the wintery UK today

Correct EE, 47145 is delayed until further notice as you describe. Rails do have a sample though of 47461 Charles Rennie MacIntosh on their website, so the production model should be with us in a couple of months I guess.

Haven't heard any news about 47406 but i'm also hoping Gaugemaster may have a delivery pending!

Just neen notified the "Kernow" Bachmann 47 079 "G J Churchward" in GW150 Green livery has arrived but still no sign of the "Rails" 47 145 'Merddyn Emrys' in Tinsley Blue livery.

My Kernow Models limited edition 47 079 arrived today. I have taken some pictures of it with details added. A lovely model, the GW 150 green is well captured and the lining is excellent. Comes with etched nameplates, numbers, BR arrows and plaques; the latter is very well modelled, with the tiny lettering readable. I have tried to show the quality of this in the final picture. As this isn't an ETH loco, these bits are included as an extra, so a useful spare for something else.

post-5791-12651345188731_thumb.jpg

post-5791-12651345286475_thumb.jpg

post-5791-12651345642082_thumb.jpg

post-5791-12651345787773_thumb.jpg

post-5791-12651345944638_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Rails do have a sample though of 47461 Charles Rennie MacIntosh on their website, so the production model should be with us in a couple of months I guess.

When I was in the shop yesterday Chris told me that they were expecting 47461 this week.

• RMweb Premium

The white wall tyres on a production RTR model are a nice touch I must say, looks like the Model Zone NSE one has them as well.

[Creaking sound of wallet being forced open by unstoppable forces begins to echo through the room] :lol: :lol: :lol:

• RMweb Premium

Correct EE, 47145 is delayed until further notice as you describe. Rails do have a sample though of 47461 Charles Rennie MacIntosh on their website, so the production model should be with us in a couple of months I guess.

Haven't heard any news about 47406 but i'm also hoping Gaugemaster may have a delivery pending!

Their website states it is due March, however they are expecting delivery any day now. I have taken to drooling over the pre-production sample they have in the display cabinet in the entrance foyer. It looks like the certificate that accompanies the model is in the form of the old Railriders membership card. smile.gif

• RMweb Gold

I hope they do a standed Banger blue pre headlight one now they have made it a proper 47 without class 57 bits!All the current Blue ones have the old faults as far as I am aware?Has the Generator Special edition got 57 bit's or is it the improved version?