SWAG curry evening - now back on again!

• RMweb Gold

Greetings, Dear Hearts, some of you may recall me mumbling something about a curry evening, way back in the distant past when the nights were cold and the snow was deep pan, crisp and even....

Well, I haven't forgotten and am in the process of sorting something out for after the Taunton 'do'. I have a venue in mind, very convenient to the main roads in South Devon, but I need to 'go and check it out', if you see what I mean... :lol:

Out of interest, though, if we were going to hold something on (say) a Friday night in central South Devon, who would be interested in coming?

• RMweb Gold

I'll throw my hat please Tim. cool.gif

Just as long as you don't eat your hat! ;)

A Homburg full of Tikka Masala, perhaps?

I would come along but I can't eat curry . If there is an alternative on the menu then

I would be up for a trip ' down sarf ' .

I expect they do fish & chips or similar, Mike - I'll report back when the 'field trip' has been undertaken... :lol:

• RMweb Gold

I'm up for it too so long as I don't have to drink Guinness as well as that mixed with curry make I flatulent, Brian.

Depends on how long the reaction time is, the potential yield and whether a safe cordon can be established for innocent bystanders.... :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I still haven't forgotten about this event, and I'm just considering a couple of possible dates before making a further announcement.

Nearly a month now Captain! tongue.gif All joking apart any update? Thinking about it there is a really good Indian restaurant in Ivybridge which Hannah and I went to a couple of times last year which I can vouch for; if the one you have in mind turns out to be a dud. Another good one is by the bus station in Plymouth, they are (were up to a year ago) very good.

Regards,

Nick

• RMweb Gold

Nearly a month now Captain! tongue.gif All joking apart any update? Thinking about it there is a really good Indian restaurant in Ivybridge which Hannah and I went to a couple of times last year which I can vouch for; if the one you have in mind turns out to be a dud. Another good one is by the bus station in Plymouth, they are (were up to a year ago) very good.

Regards,

Nick

I was researching the establishment only the other day.... watch this space!!

Make it the 19th August when Im in Exeter just before going up the road to Fairmile and Beautiful Days festival (and copious volumes of Otter Ale) at Escot Park and I will come along!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

As I said to Metropolitan at DRAG last night, as I won't be at Wells on the Saturday, it won't be possible to have a curry evening thereafter - such events have to be 'negotiated'.... ;)

BUT - how would folks be fixed for the evening of Friday 27th August? Venue would be 'The Mogul's Palace' just outside Buckfastleigh, and very convenient for the A38! I haven't approached His Mogulship yet, to see if the Palace is available, but I'd be interested to see how many could make it on that date!

• RMweb Premium

On this occasion Mr Sidecar Racer will have to decline the good Captains invitation,

not because of other plans but I fear that the idea of a journey to the south from my

location fills me fear , it being a Bank holiday weekend and in the middle of Summer Silly Season

the grockles will be out in even greater numbers than usual .

But thanks for asking . laugh.gif

• RMweb Premium

As we're in the south west may I suggest Curry Rivel as a suitable location? It's not that far from Taunton either.

OK - I'll get me coat.

On the other hand as I'm over in the UK for the YMR / KMRC show in a couple of weeks there is also a slim chance I might be able to join you if the date and location were right. I'll take on all comers to meat phal; must be finished in one sitting without any help from friends though and must observe the one-way system! :P

• RMweb Gold

Dear All,

What with One thing and Another, I haven't as yet booked the venue, although I don't doubt that they could accommodate a modest party. However, it seems that we are quite few in number.

It occurs to me that by postponing this until the leaves turn brown, we might attract more folk and thus have an even jollier time - what say you all, please? :)

Archived