SWAG curry evening - now back on again!

• RMweb Gold

Dear All,

I've now booked at table at the venue, 'The Mogul's Palace', which is just off the A38 at Buckfastleigh. The table is booked for 7.30pm on Friday evening, 15th July next.

I don't think adding more to the party is going to be a problem, so anyone who hasn't declared their hand yet, do please let me know, either on this thread or by PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bump!

Less than two weeks to go - still room for anyone else who'd like to come along - just PM me or respond to this thread!

I will enquire tomorrow with herself about our arrangements with our hosts for that date but I might be a 'possible' (assuming also that someone might be able to offer me a lift from Saltash or thereabouts).

• RMweb Gold

I will enquire tomorrow with herself about our arrangements with our hosts for that date but I might be a 'possible' (assuming also that someone might be able to offer me a lift from Saltash or thereabouts).

If no one else can get you Mike and I'm sure Neil or Brian would be more than happy I will! Because it's only 10 minutes up the road from me.

Best wishes,

Nick.

• RMweb Gold

If no one else can get you Mike and I'm sure Neil or Brian would be more than happy I will! Because it's only 10 minutes up the road from me.

Best wishes,

Nick.

Thanks for the offer Nick but having now consulted herself I am told that we are heading in the opposite direction that evening - so you'll have to manage without me. BTW on consulting my bookshelves I have got the Oakwood Press volume on the Launceston Branch but it doesn't seem to say anything about Princetown freight going via Horrabridge.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the offer Nick but having now consulted herself I am told that we are heading in the opposite direction that evening - so you'll have to manage without me. BTW on consulting my bookshelves I have got the Oakwood Press volume on the Launceston Branch but it doesn't seem to say anything about Princetown freight going via Horrabridge.

Hi Mike,

Cheers I will send you a PM and we can have a chat!

Regards,

Nick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well, a very good evening was had by all last night at 'The Moguls Palace' at Buckfastleigh. It's actually an ex-'Little Chef', although the quality of the cuisine was a quantum leap beyond anything that the tubbly little cook might offer! It really was superb and I'd happily recommend the food and the courtesy of the staff to anyone who's looking for a good meal in the area.

There were 8 of us in the end, unfortunately Tigger (and one or two others) weren't able to join us, although we did raise a glass to 'absent friends' at one point... ;)

post-57-0-64116300-1310813458_thumb.jpg

post-57-0-94575300-1310813488_thumb.jpg

Archived