Dawn over Margate

Andy Y

post-1-0-73244700-1544698898.jpg

A gratuitous scenic snap of Sandwich to the right and Margate behind me yesterday morning after a trip to the ancestral home of Hornby, Westwood House, at Margate to see Hornby's plans for 2019.

All I can say is that you're in for some real surprises come January 7th and some very visible signs of progress. We had the chance to talk to all the directors and I have to say, from talking to Lyndon Davies that there's very real evidence of substantial developments from the Isle of Thanet for 2019 and beyond. We could see that the team have been working very, very hard on some rather special items over the last year!

Teaser Andy !!!!

Only 20 odd days to go then, and please, before anyone starts, spare us all the groaning wallet quips and the "nothing for me" moans.

Happy Christmas and prosperous new year all.

• Like 1

post-1-0-73244700-1544698898.jpg

A gratuitous scenic snap of Sandwich to the right and Margate behind me yesterday morning after a trip to the ancestral home of Hornby, Westwood House, at Margate to see Hornby's plans for 2019.

All I can say is that you're in for some real surprises come January 7th and some very visible signs of progress. We had the chance to talk to all the directors and I have to say, from talking to Lyndon Davies that there's very real evidence of substantial developments from the Isle of Thanet for 2019 and beyond. We could see that the team have been working very, very hard on some rather special items over the last year!

That's one beautiful picture Andy!

And based on what you've said I'm now extremely excited to see what's in store for us from Hornby on the 7th of January.

Good luck to Lyndon Davies, Simon Kohler and the team...and also Paul Isles and the R&D team. Really looking forward to the 7th

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm so pleased that the 'trainset company' of my early years is still going, let alone getting their s*!t together for 2019. I was sat looking at my fiddle yard earlier with it's rows of Bachmann traction and thinking how good my Hornby stuff actually was for the money. There's some good folk at Hornby, including the previously mentioned Paul Isle, who really want to see the Company do well and it'll be nice to see the faces of the doubters as the Hornby Bandwagon marches on.

• Like 2

With my 'all business' hat on, I would expect (hope) Hornby are using the loan facility they are paying for to make appropriate changes and choices, and to produce 'whatever is required' to quickly put the business back in the black.

As an enthusiast for model railway product I believe in their potential, as all of the last half dozen years newly tooled introductions that interested me have been very pleasing indeed.

I think I have decoded the picture, it's the first half of Meerstille und Gluckliche Fahrt (calm sea and prosperous voyage). Train ferry applicable items then.

• RMweb Gold

Who by?

Hornby was from Liverpool, not a backwater in the South East. That was Rovex/Lines Brothers/Triang.

Jason.

Morden, near Wimbledon is hardly a backwater...

https://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/w/images/How_To_Get_To_Our_Works_(TriangCat_1937).jpg

I live near here, and dont consider myself to be one of those straw chewing types, hopgrowers is further south.

Edited by adb968008

Well that's encouraging to hear and should be good for the confidence of people looking to get items that your obviously expecting to be popular. The question now is what:

So is this the firing gun for the Hornby 2019 prediction thread? Not a wishlist, but a prediction on what might be coming... as if there are real surprises it could be interesting to see what some others think could be coming.