Trent Valley Railway - Heljan Container Crane

TrentValleyRailway

At the start of 2018 i began a new layout called the Trent Valley Railway, following on from my previous layout the Sandwich and Ashford Model Railway.

Most of the progress last year was documented through regular updates to Youtube and i thought it was now time to get back into RMweb as the layout progresses to discuss specific details on the layout build, projects and other things during 2019.

I will kick off here with an explanation video i have just completed on planning and preparing for the Trent Valley Railway back in 2018.

I will update here again before the January 2019 layout update later this month.

Edited by TrentValleyRailway
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

One thing to remember when Laying out the trackwork is to try not to have the points mechanism over the framework. Have just had to rework the track layout due to this but remember to check before commuting to putting down the track and adding point motors later. Below are two locations where I have had to move the points away from the edge of the board due to the framework underneath.

9276BE1D-E9A6-4678-A03E-B3E88F3295AC.jpeg.475b40294574c37f02dd648b60978faa.jpeg

D9033141-D335-4F0D-A1F4-06C217B1BF0D.jpeg.bf253c08b9e1155ab19acdbc37b4eafa.jpeg

Edited by TrentValleyRailway
  • Like 2