Help!

Hello All

I have this track plan I have drawn up in full size on card board using paper templates, and want to put onto templot. The board size is 24" by 54" with a 2" increase in width along the middle of the front edge.

IMG_4224-1.jpg

I have tried to do it out on templot.. but for the life of me I can't use the program!

Any tips on getting it started

P-J

Hi Dan,

What gauge scale are you modelling in?

Looking at your picture of your track plan I have my doubts that Templot points will be as short or as sharp as yours.

For example an A5 is 10 inches long with a 30 inch radius in 4 mm.

You can cheat by laying two sections of plain track one on top of the other to form a point.

Have you got your release code and opened Templot up?

There is also some good tutorials on the Templot web site which is free.

Remember that Templot is designed for you to build your own points, and does not have a library of ready to run points as some of the planning software does.

Gordon

Bristol

Hi Dan,

What gauge scale are you modelling in?

Looking at your picture of your track plan I have my doubts that Templot points will be as short or as sharp as yours.

For example an A5 is 10 inches long with a 30 inch radius in 4 mm.

You can cheat by laying two sections of plain track one on top of the other to form a point.

Have you got your release code and opened Templot up?

There is also some good tutorials on the Templot web site which is free.

Remember that Templot is designed for you to build your own points, and does not have a library of ready to run points as some of the planning software does.

Gordon

Bristol

Templot is perfectly capable of reproducing that track plan as below.

post-7370-127318118966_thumb.jpg

Archived